Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Performance & Software
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-17-2013, 12:18 PM   #31
jrsmitchell
Switchtronic

Jamie, if you look at the picture above that @Bimmers posted, you can see the filter sits just below the framerail and extends down maybe 8-10 inches. You should be able to eyeball how low it will sit. I personally wouldn't run one if you're going to be going through deep puddles, but it will take about 10 minutes to swap it out before winter if you really want

One tip I would give to potential buyers is to check if your headlights have the leveling motors. I bought one of these intakes used and got home and looked down and said DOH!!
jrsmitchell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 12:36 PM   #32
jamrobin
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrsmitchell View Post
Jamie, if you look at the picture above that @Bimmers posted, you can see the filter sits just below the framerail and extends down maybe 8-10 inches. You should be able to eyeball how low it will sit. I personally wouldn't run one if you're going to be going through deep puddles, but it will take about 10 minutes to swap it out before winter if you really want

One tip I would give to potential buyers is to check if your headlights have the leveling motors. I bought one of these intakes used and got home and looked down and said DOH!!
Thanks... Looks like it would be easy enough to just swap the stock box on at the same time I throw on the hard top and winter wheels, and switch back when the top comes off and summer shoes go back on... I live on a poorly maintained section of dirt road, so winter can see me in fairly deep snow or slush or with slight washouts to traverse to get to pavement. (the sacrifices of living beachfront... I'll tough it out;-) )

I'll await the PM reply with a shipped price.
jamrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 04:32 PM   #33
damonchoy
Breaks My Wallet

Jamie,

When I had my E36 convertible it didn't sit too low at all. Drove it in (heavy) rain and puddles multiple times with no issues. I didn't get a chance to try it out in the Winter but I highly doubt there would be any issues. With that being said, exercise common sense and be aware of the fact that you have an intake that is lower to the ground than normal.

If you go for it, enjoy it! You'll love the sound!

Damon Choy - 17 years of age - Past: E36 328iC, E46 330ci M-Sport (Imola Red/Alcantara)
Summer: 350Z - Tein MonoFlex coilovers, Impul headers, 06+ front end, 3.90 final drive
Winter: E36 328i - BC coilovers, BBS RA, M3 brakes, M50 manifold, Dinan intake, 3.23 LSD
damonchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 01:02 AM   #34
<3MyE36
-Richy Nevaless-

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
Yes, there are about 5 remaining.
Great, just PM'D you
<3MyE36 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 12:10 PM   #35
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

If you have all your factory under-tray panels still in-tact and fog-lights/brake ducting installed, there will be minimal chance of getting slush on the filter element. I wouldn't recommend driving hours through a rain storm, but the odd jaunt across town should be fine.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 11:02 PM   #36
<3MyE36
-Richy Nevaless-

Just picked up 2 and I can't wait to put them in, thanks again Randy!
Old 09-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #37
EMPOWERD

You're welcome Rich. I only have 2 left now. This thread will be updated immediately once they're sold out.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 09-24-2013, 09:17 PM   #38
jamrobin
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks Randy,

Got mine today (a day earlier than I expected). Installed and am pleased with it.
Thought I would mention that the screws in my package were larger than it said in the instructions. 8mm heads instead of 7 and considerably thicker than the drill they said to use... had to go up 3 or 4 bit sizes. Other than that it was a very smooth install. I didn't get a chance to honk on it yet but I pulled the hard top back off so I can hear her sing on the way to work (well the way home maybe... frost warning tonight) with the top down.

Jamie
jamrobin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 12:33 AM   #39
<3MyE36
-Richy Nevaless-

Finally got around to putting it in and ohh man the sound is GREAT!
Old 10-29-2013, 10:43 PM   #40
EMPOWERD

E36 Kits are sold out and no longer available.. I have a handful of E46 kits still remaining.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
Old 10-29-2013, 10:54 PM   #41
damonchoy
Breaks My Wallet

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
E36 Kits are sold out and no longer available.. I have a handful of E46 kits still remaining.
The temptation to get an E46 one is strong...

What's the price shipped to P3E6H2 in Sudbury again?

I just sold some E36 stuff so I feel like I should be allowed to recycle that money back into my E46, right?

Damon Choy - 17 years of age - Past: E36 328iC, E46 330ci M-Sport (Imola Red/Alcantara)
Summer: 350Z - Tein MonoFlex coilovers, Impul headers, 06+ front end, 3.90 final drive
Winter: E36 328i - BC coilovers, BBS RA, M3 brakes, M50 manifold, Dinan intake, 3.23 LSD
damonchoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 12:31 PM   #42
ripi
1st Gear Newbie

I have an e36 kit available. new never installed
ripi is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: