Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-26-2017, 09:12 PM   #1
Mover
2nd Gear Member

US border agents stealing

I don't f****g believe it !!!

Those guys stole stuff from my suitcase !
An wouldn't you know it, it was the nicest looking shirt I took on the trip !
One of the older Reebok active ware golf shirts that they don't make anymore. This one had an awesome design on it, just beautiful.

An one of those f****kers took it !!!!!

The wouldn't allow me to bring my carryon on the plane from the US back to Canada (I had to check it to baggage) although they did allow me to carryon from Canada to US. Go figure.

When I pickup my luggage in Canada, I noticed the lock was cut. I figured some boarder guy was just checking my stuff and decided to cut the lock.

Well, the f***ker, stole my shit !!!! WTF !!
Mover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 11:15 AM   #2
watut
2nd Gear Member

How do you know it was the boarder guy and not one of the baggage handlers?
watut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2017, 07:37 PM   #3
Slowered318
6th Gear Member

Sorry to hear this, I would be pissed off too! Next time you notice your luggage was opened you should inspect it and report any damage or loss before you leave the airport. I'm sure they will investigate if enough complaints are made and maybe even compensate you for the stolen stuff. I don't think a baggage handler would have the time or tools to cut the lock. You might have had something odd or oddly packed in your suitcase. Electronics, books, bottles or anything dense gives them extra reason to open it up. Also It's pointless to put a lock on a zipper case, you can open those with a ball point pen and then zip it back. I hear obnoxiously bright coloured hard case luggage with pattern duct tape and rainbow zip ties are very preventative.
Slowered318 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:30 AM   #4
dbworld4k

That's the baggage handler who loads it onto the flight and not customs. Customs inspects it in front of you after you deplane in the terminal.

dbworld4k is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 02:56 PM   #5
xander_g
Personal Injury Law

Definitely the baggage monkeys took it. Be grateful that's all they took and that they just cut the lock. I've seen suitcases slashed open along the seams coming from flights leaving Russia.

It's ok, what goes around comes around.
xander_g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2017, 07:59 PM   #6
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbworld4k View Post
That's the baggage handler who loads it onto the flight and not customs. Customs inspects it in front of you after you deplane in the terminal.
Customs can inspect your luggage after you drop it off and before you receive it. If they do this they leave a note saying your bags were searched and what (if anything) was seized.

stole a shirt, huh?

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 01:12 PM   #7
NavyVet1959
1st Gear Newbie

The only time I've ever had something stolen from my luggage is by a cruise ship. I had put a special type of wire tie on the zippers before I left Houston. When I picked the luggage up in Rome, the wire tie was still intact. I handed the luggage to the cruise line and when it made it to my cabin, it had been tampered with. I lost a couple of minor items including some SD cards for my DSLR camera. If you have a firearm in your luggage, you must check it and lock the luggage and container inside the luggage that holds the firearm. The same with "firearm parts". So, even if I'm not flying with a firearm, I'll declare that I have one just so I can lock my luggage with a non-TSA lock.

One of the things that I noticed in Europe on a trip a couple of years ago is vendors outside the baggage checkin area that will plastic wrap your luggage. They put the luggage on a rotating table and wrap the luggage with the same sort of plastic wrap that companies use for wrapping palleted goods for shipment to stores.
NavyVet1959 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2017, 06:12 PM   #8
Blackedout95
6th Gear Member

Where were you leaving from?
Old 07-31-2017, 09:39 AM   #9
NavyVet1959
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackedout95 View Post
Where were you leaving from?
I'll assume you are talking about my post... As I mentioned in the post, the trip where I had things stolen from my luggage by the cruise ship people started with a flight from Houston and ended up in Rome.

If you are talking about the airport where they had the plastic wrap for the luggage, it was Barcelona. We flew from Houston to the Dominican Republic, spent a week there driving around the country and seeing places that I had no business driving a 2WD subcompact Kia into, and then took a repositioning cruise from there to Barcelona (along with a couple of islands along the way). Once in Barcelona, we rented a car, drove through Spain and France for a week, ending up back in Barcelona for the flight back to Houston.

I know the luggage wrapping service (business) was not in Houston (or our stopover in Fort Lauderdale) and the only part of the airport that we went to in the Dominican Republic was customs and baggage claim, so it's unlikely that I would have seen that sort of service there, so I'm thinking it must have been in the Barcelona airport.
NavyVet1959 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: