Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Platinum maXbimmer Sponsors > StanceFactory
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-03-2014, 10:56 AM   #1
Mystikal
Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Arrow H2Oi 2014. Pics, vids, and stories.

As we have done since we opened our shop in 2010, a group of friends from Stance Factory made the annual trip down to Ocean City, MD to join the mayhem that is H2O International. It's technically a one-day VW/Audi group car show, but over time the event has morphed into a week-long street party of VAG cars, other German rides, and just about anything else slammed to the ground. Heaven.

We started out Wednesday morning at 6am. For the second year, seeing that we're in the east I decided that we're going to take the 1000 Islands route rather than dealing with GTA traffic and busy Niagara-area borders. It only adds a few km (total now 1100) but saves LOTS of time. Problem was, once we got out of Oshawa we hit this, for hours:

18-wheelers would literally appear directly in front of you without warning. Thankfully, it cleared by breakfast time.

So there's the crew for this year. Z3M (me), 335i (JunzieB), M5 (GT3kid), 328is (c4sh) and of course the E36 CSL (ZiMMie).

Waiting at the border. Maybe 4-5 cars in each lineup, we were out fast. No hassles at all which is rare with our group of racial minorities.

First gas stop in NY. Paying 40% less for a tank of 93 is worth a photo.

Barreling down the interstates, we came upon this:

Huh. Well, you know what that means. Click HD and turn your volume up:

It started raining once we entered Maryland, but overall the drive was easygoing and fast. A bit of traffic near Philly. But the awesome hip hop radio stations there made it all better, for me at least. Then, after 12 hours of driving, we arrived.

Foosball, darts, fridge, flat screen on the wall, and most importantly space to stare at our cars while we enjoy those activities. Yeah, spent months finding the right house to rent for the week and it thankfully paid off.

I'm an early riser, so right on cue I was the first person awake and out the house Thursday morning. Decided to go see the bay side (1 block away, pictured above) and beach side (3 blocks the other way) of Ocean City downtown:

Back at the house, driveway status:

Old 10-03-2014, 10:57 AM   #2
Mystikal

Then I decided to hit the strip, Coastal Highway. From 8am to 4am there are cars cruising, racing, drifting, or otherwise hanging out on this road hoping to land a few more eyes on their creation. It's magical.

Immediately after pulling onto Coastal, this Datsun had me breathing funny.

Oh my god those flares. And steelies. Just perfect.

Conversation went like this:
"DUDE your overfenders look ****ing sick!"
"NO WAY your wheels are insane dude!"
"Hahahaha your car though!"
"NO DUDE your car! Hahahahaha!"

Anyone sane would think we were on something. And we were. H2Oi.

Then it rained for the rest of Thursday, like noon till Friday morning. I put the camera down and raised the cups up. Right on time, I was hungover to all hell Friday. Ah, youth.

But that was okay, because I had to sit at the house all day and wait for my shipment anyway. At 4pm right around when I started to feel my head again the UPS driver showed up with presents:

NIB 3-pc Shelby Series Ones!

The second I was done unboxing those I ran to the car to hit the strip. Very glad I did.

kacperskates' shoe. OCMD iconic water tower in the back.

Dakar Yellow II Individual M3 vert!

Up and out early Saturday morning I spot Olek's new E65. This guy used to organize the Outcasts meets at H2Oi every year, good dude. maXbimmer old heads may remember him as the guy who bought AndreNY's black E39 540 with the boser hood.

Back at the house we had visitors. Look at the quality of this build.

House status. Mike looking scary.

Back onto Coastal with Matt.
Old 10-03-2014, 10:58 AM   #3
Mystikal

Hnnnngggghhhhh. This was sandwiched between two other stanced MBs, the E55 in front and a CLK behind. Sexy crew.

We hit up Taphouse aka 45th Jump Street. What's this?

It can't be a...

Yeah, holy shit. I made a sub-human noise when I saw this coming towards me on the strip. My throat hurt for hours. No regrets.

Only an F40 could make a 360 Challege Stradale seem normal. This isn't real life anymore.

Gangster. I know what you're thinking though. "But Jay, there's a god damn red E30 M3 and what appears to be a cuter girl in the background. You ****ed up."

But don't worry. I got you.

Dat crop.

Then we got hungry so it was time for Five Guys. So good! But food pics are silly so none of that. Here's what was in the parking lot instead:

X5 wheels! Neat.

Then I heard a paper-ripping exhaust note. Run to the curb.

After collecting my jaw, we headed up to Roses at 94th.

Then it took about an hour to drive the 5 miles back our house. Saturday was in full effect. And so was my drinking again, so the photos stopped. Woo!

On the way to the club. Surprisingly steady hand given my state:

Old 10-03-2014, 10:59 AM   #4
Mystikal

45th Jump Street at midnight. Just insane:

I saw this leaving the club. Huge soft spot for Vipers in this colour combo.

Of course, I was up and on the road at 7:30am Sunday. Sleep can be done in Canada, I have H2O to see.

A few of us went to a Jewish Deli for breakfast. That was a first for me, didn't recognize half the menu but hey food is food. This static E38 was outside:

Back at Taphouse I fell in love with this Ghia. Not just because we run the same wheels.

Junzie and I took the girls to the boardwalk for a stroll, ended up seeing a sign for $3 margaritas along with a 2nd-storey view of the beach. We're in!

One last visit to 45th for me. The crowds were starting to thin as people headed home before dusk Sunday. I decided to call it a night after this.

Leaving Monday morning was sad. No pics. All pouts.

Quick shot at the tollbooth. These stupid things were placed 5 minutes apart and asked for $1.15 each. Plus you can't reach the machine from a slammed car. Worst.

One last video, this time showing Mike's E36. It's um...fast.

And that's it for my coverage. Wasn't trying to report everything going on (hell these are all Nokia-filmed pics and vids), just share with you guys the experience of OCMD. Hope you enjoyed!
Old 10-03-2014, 11:19 AM   #5
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Awesome! Miami Vice needs to be there one day!..Maybe after I bag it.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:.Individual- Modded
Hers--'07 BMW M5/6.:Indianapolis Red/Black:.
Toys
'91 BMW 850i J Spec-ST Tuning Kit- Lowered-Wokke Chips- Custom Exhaust- 18" MK1's-KN Filters+ M Steering Wheel- Stereo Upgrade +++
'88 BMW 635CSi Lowered
'81 MB 500 SEC Koenig WILD RIDE
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #6
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Awesome write up! Thanks for sharing. I need to make in out one year.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2014, 06:25 PM   #7
Steve30
Techno Viking

Very cool. Next year I'm down.

E36 ///M3 S54
STock 335i "The Punisher"
Steve30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:01 PM   #8
JunzieB
Wants more powaaa!

Awesome coverage Jay!
Disclaimer:The opinions expressed by JunzieB is his alone and does not reflect the opinions of Maxbimmer or any members thereof. JunzieB is not responsible for any hurt feelings that may develop during the reading of his posts.
JunzieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 06:12 PM   #9
windwagen
6th Gear Member

Great report - thanks!

E39 528i Touring - Unicorn Package (5 Spd M)
E39 M5 - for Sunny Days
windwagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2014, 11:54 PM   #10
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

The F40......
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2015, 03:06 PM   #11
Mystikal

Been a while but a few impressive videos have been released recently. Put aside an hour and a half for these two:

Krispy's H20i "Movie":

And the best IMO, MikeK's H20i Presented by Dapper:

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: