Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 09-16-2006, 05:42 PM   #61
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

That's EXACTLY why I decided against a 24v swap; lots of money at a time I can't really afford it, and I would get used to it. Hell, after driving an S50E30 I was glad with my decision to stay M20.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:32 PM   #62
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
you guys are all crazy. e36 m3's are crazy fast in my books, boosted ones are just crazy.

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:53 PM   #63
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one
you guys are all crazy. e36 m3's are crazy fast in my books, boosted ones are just crazy.
E36 M3 = Quick
E36 M3 Boosted = Fast

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 07:55 PM   #64
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
joe let me boot his m3 around, relativley to what's going to be to it its still pretty stock, and its hella fast.

2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 220M 19's, Michelin Supersports
2006 YZF-R6, bunch of go-fast stuff
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:23 PM   #65
Furious
BMW again.

hi im new to the forums. im wondering if Ant has a tranny for sale?
Furious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 08:38 PM   #66
JazzM
6th Gear Member

^^^^ LOL... Ban!

T.
Old 09-16-2006, 09:14 PM   #67
STALKER
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to STALKER
good luck with the project.

2008 AW/FR E90 M3
//RAC RG63//Volk TE37//AP Racing BBK//Akrapovic Exhaust//Dinan SW//Dinan Intake//JRZ RS1 Coilovers//Dinan Monoball Control Arm Bearings//VRS Diffuser//
STALKER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2006, 10:31 PM   #68
static
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axxe
That's EXACTLY why I decided against a 24v swap; lots of money at a time I can't really afford it, and I would get used to it. Hell, after driving an S50E30 I was glad with my decision to stay M20.
i heard from far too many people that you always get used to power no matter how much there is.

whose did you drive? mine's pretty peppy, but only when it's cold and it's cold out. I still have that problem that when it warms up it becomes a pig. But then again, maybe it's all in my head. Oh well, at least on highways i can stomp on pretty much anyone.

as i mentioned in my other thread, my car feels like a bus now after driving a go-kart. Maybe i should just buy a shifter kart and get membership at Mosport club?

or just make one like this: (notice how the whole engine is still behind the front axel)

... but i digress

coming back to the original topic, whether it'll be worth it or not will depend on Anthony's goals. S54 is a modern high-tech race-bred motor and E36 is still a great chassis for track. It's great if the car will eventually be a constant-project track-only toy, but, if there is ever time to sell - there will be nothing but losses for obvious reasons.
It has a potential to be a great race car - caged fully equipped E36 chassis can be stripped down to below 2700lb which is an E30 territory.
static is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 12:34 AM   #69
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by static
coming back to the original topic, whether it'll be worth it or not will depend on Anthony's goals. S54 is a modern high-tech race-bred motor and E36 is still a great chassis for track. It's great if the car will eventually be a constant-project track-only toy, but, if there is ever time to sell - there will be nothing but losses for obvious reasons.
It has a potential to be a great race car - caged fully equipped E36 chassis can be stripped down to below 2700lb which is an E30 territory.
But it still won't compare handling wise to and e46 M3 with the same preperations. Nowerdays you can get an e46 M3 chaper than paying for an e36 M3 + the transplant.

T.
Old 09-17-2006, 09:41 AM   #70
Sickbimmer
750HP turbo E46 M3

When I added the stage 2 kit to the E46 M3 I thought it was crazy, but now I'm thinking it's alittle slow. I've had the kit only one summer and I already plan on upgrading it to a custom stage 3 and nos. It's a sickness that will ever end. Save your money, keep the e36 motor and slap on a turbo from ICS. This way you can add more power without spending a sh!t load of cash.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:04 PM   #71
Axxe

Quote:
Originally Posted by static
i heard from far too many people that you always get used to power no matter how much there is.

whose did you drive? mine's pretty peppy, but only when it's cold and it's cold out. I still have that problem that when it warms up it becomes a pig. But then again, maybe it's all in my head. Oh well, at least on highways i can stomp on pretty much anyone.

as i mentioned in my other thread, my car feels like a bus now after driving a go-kart. Maybe i should just buy a shifter kart and get membership at Mosport club?

or just make one like this: (notice how the whole engine is still behind the front axel)

... but i digress

CleanE30 (Rafal). Don't get me wrong, it's fast, a blast to drive, but I'd get used to it in no time flat. Hell, I drive my Dad's 545i all the time, and I don't think it's fast at all (anymore). That's why I'm going to go crazy on my next suspension setup, going fast around turns >>>> straight line; anyone can womp the gas of a high powered car and go quick, but not everyone can take a car around a corner at the limit of adhesion safely and consistently.

Old 09-17-2006, 02:23 PM   #72
SickFinga

Quote:
anyone can womp the gas of a high powered car and go quick, but not everyone can take a car around a corner at the limit of adhesion safely and consistently.
tell it to these guys

http://youtube.com/watch?v=THOXo6FsiMs

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1wVPzAaSgU
SickFinga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #73
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SickFinga
LOL... kids...

T.
Old 09-17-2006, 02:56 PM   #74
JazzM
6th Gear Member

Quote:
CleanE30 (Rafal). Don't get me wrong, it's fast, a blast to drive, but I'd get used to it in no time flat. Hell, I drive my Dad's 545i all the time, and I don't think it's fast at all (anymore). That's why I'm going to go crazy on my next suspension setup, going fast around turns >>>> straight line; anyone can womp the gas of a high powered car and go quick, but not everyone can take a car around a corner at the limit of adhesion safely and consistently.
Don't crash that one too... j/k

T.
Old 09-17-2006, 03:02 PM   #75
Axxe

Funny thing is, the one time I'm taking it easy, coasting, is the one time I hit a huge ****ing hole and blow a tire up.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: