Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Multimedia > Rides
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-10-2015, 09:15 AM   #1
proctor
1st Gear Newbie

1984 BMW E24 633csi

Hey everyone, so this is a story that has a happy ending for all you enthusiasts out there! So since I was 12 and old enough to take go train I've always glanced over passing the long branch station at a bunch of random storage and shipping containers scattered about in a parking lot on the north side of the tracks. Anyway I always remembered seing this black Bmw coupe 20 feet in the air parked on top of a cargo containers roof. Anyway for many years (almost 12 I have always glanced at that car and thought nothing of it UNTIL NOW). So ladies and gentle men I came across an ad on Kijiji the other day for a 1984 Bmw 633csi coupe black hasn't run in 3 years for an Incredible sum of 750$! I immediately picked up the phone and sure enough the owner was selling that very special black coupe on top of the storage container! I asked about it and he explained he has 8 MORE Bmw just sitting in storage containers and he needs to let this one go as its just collecting dust (clearly). he said the ad said 750$ he wanted for it and he said it ran and drove until it was parked on cargo container. He said if I bring him 480 bucks the car is mine! No brainer I hopped in my trusty 528i E39 and boosted ti pay for this thing! The car just kinda fell into my hands like it was meant to be! Like it looks like a shark on the front! I've passed it everyday since I was 12 and just now she surfaces to be caught! I couldn't be more happier with this masterpiece however I need YOUR enthusiasts help

I paid for car and have keys and ownership etc. HOWEVER, I did not want to screw anything up so I did not attempt to start the bmw after its long 3 year slumber without first consulting you knowledgeable geniuses . the only thing s I checked were to make sure brakes had pressure (they did) clutch still had pressure and throttle wasn't stuck, body is extremely good except for a small spot on sunroof etch etc. what must you guys recommend to start this car after 3 years? I slowly cranked it over by hand and it does turn freely.

So heres what I'm guessing just to get it to start correct me if I'm wrong? Put a small dab of engine oil in each spark plug hole and let sit overnight to avoid dry start, change oil, remove old gas and put new, new battery (obviously) and?? How might I free the brakes if they are stuck? I have not yet checked them. Coolant flush? tranny flush? I wanna make sure I don't kill the engine! I can do all this work myself!

Also does anyone have a spare 633 or 635 manual shift knob? Someone stole my wood one

Anyway inputting together a video of my experience even finding the car!

Heres a pic I took over ten years ago of it on top of the cargo bin. And the next pics are it now!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Facebook-20150209-093059.jpg (50.5 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg Facebook-20150209-093116.jpg (84.6 KB, 122 views)
File Type: jpg Facebook-20150209-093048.jpg (97.7 KB, 122 views)
proctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 09:38 AM   #2
TSI
Reverse Gear Member

Interesting, I saw the ad and figured it would be a rustbucket. For that price, you can't go wrong.

You seem to have got it--I would do a quick oil change, make sure that there aren't any huge leaks (there will be small leaks aplenty). Drain the old gas an fill it with new gas, and crank over the engine a few times without fuel to lube it up and get any cobwebs out

In terms of the brakes, they probably will be seized, about which you can't do much--they'll likely need a rebuild.

Quick question: how did you get it off the container?
TSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #3
proctor
1st Gear Newbie

Forklift undercarriage is solid just one spot in rear inner wheel house
I'm just hoping the brakes aren't seized lol cause I gotta move it into the garage tomorrow :/.
Old 02-10-2015, 11:03 AM   #4
proctor
1st Gear Newbie

Last time it was driven was 3 years ago then put back on cargo container
Old 02-10-2015, 11:55 AM   #5
MALICE85
2nd Gear Member

Wow nice, I like the story behind it. Good for you man, and good luck!
MALICE85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:15 PM   #6
613EDRTY
2nd Gear Member

Congrats on finally getting that car man.
613EDRTY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 12:29 PM   #7
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Seems like you got a good list of things to change before starting it. But yea I'd change all fluids and the fuel filter, take the brakes apart to see if they are seized and service the sliders and contact points with brake lube. Free up the parking brakes and service it as well.

What shape is the interior in?
How many kms on it?

After you get it started you'll probably want to check out the driveline and suspension to see if it needs anything.
T.Dot_E30 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #8
shanehutton
2nd Gear Member

What else does he have hiding in those containers?
'86 Toyota MR2 for ice racing
'97 Hyundai Elantra for Chumpcar racing

Sold but still in my heart
'00 E39 Touring with a manual tranny
'87 944S
'90 Corrado
'92 Passat Syncro
shanehutton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #9
proctor
1st Gear Newbie

All 3 wheels spin freely except the driver rear. Interior is good besides the front seats which I have replacements for. Tire are done all have holes. I just bought e36 wheels for it for now so it doesn't sit on rims. I took all the varnish gas outta gas tank and added octane booster and 94 octane gas. Put a brand new bmw battery in it. Instead if putting oil in each cylinder can I remove the fuel pump and crank engine to get oil pressure to rings?
Old 02-11-2015, 09:28 AM   #10
proctor
1st Gear Newbie

Remove fuel pump fuse lol
Old 02-11-2015, 10:20 AM   #11
TSI
Reverse Gear Member

Yes, that will work. 3years is not such a long time.
TSI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2015, 10:41 AM   #12
proctor
1st Gear Newbie

OK great! I'm just worried about dry starting
Old 02-11-2015, 11:02 AM   #13
proctor
1st Gear Newbie

Also how can I use I've the rear driver wheels brake?
Old 02-14-2015, 11:25 AM   #14
singleturbo
1st Gear Newbie

I have many parts for this car. PM me.
singleturbo is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: