Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-17-2003, 12:22 PM   #1
snd84318i
3rd Gear Member

windshield cleaning

sup guys .my car has been sitting for about 2years before i bought it . ive cleaned the hell out of the windshield but still looks spotty . not to bad when i drive but when its sunny out looks very back hitting it . ive seen on diy network a sanding on plexyglass but is there away to sand or buff up our glass . dont want to change it if i dont have to . looks like the oem windshield and just dont want to loose it . any help just thanks.
snd84318i is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 04:47 AM   #2
KC Ron Carter
1st Gear Newbie

Hmm,

Only two good deals.

Crumpled newspaper, it is pretty good.

The other is Bon Ami Cleaner.

You can do a search on Bon Ami and windows to get a load of users.

I know the owner of the company that makes it and he is a very good person.

Later,
Old 12-20-2003, 02:40 PM   #3
broke$by$bmw$
1st Gear Newbie

sorry to break bad news to you, being in the autoglass business myself, I know there is nothing you can do to get pits,films and scrathes out of windshields. Polishing it only puts too much glare on it in the sun. Windshield glass can only take so much wear and tear, like tires and brakes. Spend a little, get a new windshield, OE or not, if you can't see where you're going who knows what you might hit.Definitly not worth putting up with. A new glass should run under couple hundred bucks, easy to install to.
broke$by$bmw$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2003, 02:43 PM   #4
bimmerdude
4th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by broke$by$bmw$
sorry to break bad news to you, being in the autoglass business myself, I know there is nothing you can do to get pits,films and scrathes out of windshields. Polishing it only puts too much glare on it in the sun. Windshield glass can only take so much wear and tear, like tires and brakes. Spend a little, get a new windshield, OE or not, if you can't see where you're going who knows what you might hit.Definitly not worth putting up with. A new glass should run under couple hundred bucks, easy to install to.
Yea but if you want to remove the film from glass i would think a little amionia and water mixed together would get the job done on the front windshield glass of a car. Right?

Viva BMW!
Thanks E46_Lover for the awesome sig
My ///M5 fund has begun estimated time : 2 years

BMW M Power
bimmerdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2003, 04:12 AM   #5
snd84318i
3rd Gear Member

its not a glase or a film its more like a hase . like when it rains and then dries up how you see big spots . but there small specks . like someone poked little tinny pin holes and when the sun hits the windshield its not clear. looks dirty . dont have the money to replace it yet . i was watching diy network and saw them redo a corvette rearview glass and they sanded it down with wet sandpaper and did some other stuff just though you can d this too with the widshield . thanks guys
snd84318i is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: