Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-18-2003, 01:51 AM   #1
BiBimBap
4th Gear Member

Need spacers with PSS?

I was just looking at the Bilstien PSS for the e36 - and on Bavauto's website, it recommended using wheel spacers with any wheels over 7.5 inches.

Is this true or what? I'm gonna get new rims soon (at least 8 inchers..dunno if I'm gonna go 17 or 18") and I don't want anything interfering with the setup.

AND - who is a good place to go to install them PSS coilovers?
BiBimBap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:45 AM   #2
1BADBMR
6th Gear Member

I got the PSS system too. I don't think u need them if you decided to use 7.5". I am running 17x7.5 rims w/out spacers. Dunno about bigger the rims thou

I got them installed @ a local shop
04 Honda Civic (Beater)
93 318i (SOLD)
1BADBMR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2003, 02:53 AM   #3
BiBimBap
4th Gear Member

How much did the install cost you -if you don't mind me asking?

oh yeah, how do you like the ride - compared with stock?
Old 12-20-2003, 04:26 PM   #4
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
I need spacers on both my 17x8" wheels (235/40/17) and my 15x7" winter/storage wheels (205/60/15).

It's not an issue with rim contact, its the tire rubbing (getting cut) with the adjustable spring perch.

It's all dependant on the rim offset and tire width.
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 02:15 PM   #5
BiBimBap
4th Gear Member

Are we talking huge spacers here? What width of spacers are you running with the PSS9s?
Old 12-21-2003, 04:30 PM   #6
thinair
moderationistismingly

Send a message via ICQ to thinair Send a message via MSN to thinair
Quote:
Originally posted by BiBimBap
Are we talking huge spacers here? What width of spacers are you running with the PSS9s?
I need 5mm spacers, which is what really bothered me, for 5mm you'd think Bilstein would have just made it work. Koni's and H&R's don't have this issue with similar sized wheels/tires
"Driving is like a narcotic, an addiction that can take over lives. It ruins people, breaks families apart, and even kills. Itís habit that needs to be fueled. Time, money, rationality, sweat, knuckle skin, and anyone who disapproves are of little importance to a driver, and are often overlooked. Hi, Iím Nelson, and Iím a drivaholic."
thinair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2003, 07:04 PM   #7
BiBimBap
4th Gear Member

5mm spacers eh? Hmm. I was looking at the GB with the FK coilovers.. seems like a wicked deal - a good alternative to the bilstiens?
Old 12-21-2003, 10:16 PM   #8
T-spec
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally posted by BiBimBap
5mm spacers eh? Hmm. I was looking at the GB with the FK coilovers.. seems like a wicked deal - a good alternative to the bilstiens?
I don't know how they feel yet , but I just got my FK konigsports last week from AMI. Cost me $1548can incl tax, shipped to my door, great price for height+damping adjustable susp W/ front dual rate springs. I think the sale is only on till the 24th of dec, better get'em quick!
Old 12-22-2003, 03:56 AM   #9
BiBimBap
4th Gear Member

Yeah, I was eyeing the thread with interest.. now that the PSS might be a bit annoying with spacers - I might go for the FK coilovers instead.

the only problem is that i know a few people have tried it.. but the stooopid search thingy on max is busted.. can't check archives..

Wasn't thinking of spending over a grand now.. xmas presents plus me new camera has put me over...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: