Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E30 (1983 - 1991)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 04-07-2014, 07:17 AM   #76
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Ohhhh look at Detective Richie, getting sassy

At least my "back tracked lie" wasn't far fetched, I bet your pre-built car doesn't put down 300whp.

But Hey let's look at the facts, at least I built the car and didn't buy it right? And before you say you've built cars, stripping down a rotted E30, cutting off the exhaust, tossing on some bald all seasons and putting a short shift in it doesn't count as building a car. I did more than that when I was 16... And had faster times than you... And trailering a car doesn't make it a Race car.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but then you had to go all keyboard warrior on me.
02 325i Sedan
SamE30e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 08:10 AM   #77
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Rich, you'd be lucky if your car did 280whp.. I'll give you money if it breaks 300 mark with only 7psi. Remember, I did all this 13yrs ago.. ended up running 12psi with an aftercooler to finally put down respectable numbers.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 09:03 AM   #78
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by craz azn View Post
All this HP talk makes me want to dyno my M52 now lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by egye30 View Post
E30 dyno day anyone? lol I can probably set up a group rate for one here in Hamilton, my buddys got a mustang shop here and they just got a dyno put in and he was already talking to me about strapping mine on for a couple pulls and giving me a pretty good deal, but maybe if we get more people we'll get an even better deal.
I will want to dyno after I put on ITBs so that I can be royally let down by the numbers

But I want to do it on the dyno at TAG because I did my baseline there last year at the max dyno day.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:21 AM   #79
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Using the PLANK formula and a generous efficiency number. The IHP at 7psi is 307hp. No drivetrain loss.

But what do I know. I suck at math.

Steve, get my brother rolling on his ITB's he's being soft... He needs a turbo.
02 325i Sedan
Old 04-07-2014, 09:39 AM   #80
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
Using the PLANK formula and a generous efficiency number. The IHP at 7psi is 307hp. No drivetrain loss.

But what do I know. I suck at math.

Steve, get my brother rolling on his ITB's he's being soft... He needs a turbo.
Don't worry, he's working on them.

This is Richie's thread though so let's not get off topic... and everyone should probably tone down the butthurt too
Old 04-07-2014, 11:02 AM   #81
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamE30e View Post
Ohhhh look at Detective Richie, getting sassy

At least my "back tracked lie" wasn't far fetched, I bet your pre-built car doesn't put down 300whp.

But Hey let's look at the facts, at least I built the car and didn't buy it right? And before you say you've built cars, stripping down a rotted E30, cutting off the exhaust, tossing on some bald all seasons and putting a short shift in it doesn't count as building a car. I did more than that when I was 16... And had faster times than you... And trailering a car doesn't make it a Race car.

I tried to give you the benefit of the doubt, but then you had to go all keyboard warrior on me.
Seriously, I don't know why your are attacking me, when I called you on a failed claim.

Also I never said I ever had or built a "race" car, I had a track rat and that's it, and have never ran a car with bald tires.

As for buying this one instead of building, yes I bought it, I don't know anyone who wouldn't have, as much as I enjoy working and building a car up, it takes time, which now that I'm a father, I have far less time to do so, and tool an opportunity to buy a car, which is pretty much what I wanted to build, saving myself time so I can enjoy driving and still take the car further in the future.

All your comments sound childish, like your trying to sound better then me, if you need to feel that fine, but I'm not gonna get dragged into an immature back and forth with someone online.

Grow up and move on.
richie_s999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 11:06 AM   #82
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

z
Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
Rich, you'd be lucky if your car did 280whp.. I'll give you money if it breaks 300 mark with only 7psi. Remember, I did all this 13yrs ago.. ended up running 12psi with an aftercooler to finally put down respectable numbers.
This is why I talked to you about if your going to organize a dyno day this spring, all I have to go on is numbers used to advertise what's in the car, and I want real numbers to know what's what with the setup.

I'm optimistic as this is fastest e30 I have driven, but my butt dyno isn't 100% accurate !!!

Randy, seems like a lot of interest here for a dyno day, any suggestions to where we can contact to set it up?
Old 04-07-2014, 11:07 AM   #83
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bullet ride View Post
don't worry, he's working on them.

This is richie's thread though so let's not get off topic... And everyone should probably tone down the butthurt too
amen
Old 04-07-2014, 11:10 AM   #84
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Randy usually sets up at least one maxbimmer dyno day every year at Tag Racecraft in Oakville.

Hopefully he'll be setting up another one this year.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:42 AM   #85
SamE30e
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by richie_s999 View Post
Seriously, I don't know why your are attacking me, when I called you on a failed claim.

Also I never said I ever had or built a "race" car, I had a track rat and that's it, and have never ran a car with bald tires.

As for buying this one instead of building, yes I bought it, I don't know anyone who wouldn't have, as much as I enjoy working and building a car up, it takes time, which now that I'm a father, I have far less time to do so, and tool an opportunity to buy a car, which is pretty much what I wanted to build, saving myself time so I can enjoy driving and still take the car further in the future.

All your comments sound childish, like your trying to sound better then me, if you need to feel that fine, but I'm not gonna get dragged into an immature back and forth with someone online.

Grow up and move on.

You're the one who went and immediatly called Colin to try and confirm what I heard. Maybe it wasn't dyno'd, who knows, who cares. I was just regurgitating what I heard. It was years ago, and long gone from my memory.

I'm a dick, what can I say? And you refered to it as a race car.... Because race car.

Ok, back on track, awesome car.
02 325i Sedan
Old 04-07-2014, 06:33 PM   #86
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator

Alright, can I get a (small) list on this thread of people interested in dyno'ing their car @TAG? I might just set one up next month if I can get minimum 15 cars confirmed.

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:22 PM   #87
richie_s999
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by EMPOWERD View Post
Alright, can I get a (small) list on this thread of people interested in dyno'ing their car @TAG? I might just set one up next month if I can get minimum 15 cars confirmed.
I am good for May 10/11 or 24/25 weekend
Old 04-07-2014, 07:29 PM   #88
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
I'd like to get a dyno done, but I need to fix my CEL first... only revs to ~6k right now. Can't even go near 7k

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 07:30 PM   #89
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

I can probably make it if it's later in May. My car is going to be in storage for at least another week, probably two and I'll need some time to get the ITBs on the car, working and tuned. Early May will probably be tough to make.
Old 04-08-2014, 07:04 AM   #90
cheapthrills
2nd Gear Member

Depending on the price, I may be interested in getting a dyno sheet for my race car (I'd set the low score with my stock M20). I'd need it to be a dynojet. Late May would be better for me as well.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: