Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-08-2014, 06:48 AM   #16
Quickid
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
What kind of society we live in when people are afraid to call their insurance company for their help.
Not sure how you made this connection.

Last edited by Quickid; 01-08-2014 at 06:51 AM.
Quickid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:48 AM   #17
Blades
Your opinion is to long

The law says your suppose to exchange information. If he didnt I would have called the police with the plate as a hit and run (if you really want to get him in trouble) or telling the police he didnt provide information which is also a hefty ticket.

If the position was reversed (just for knowledge sake for people out there) they really cant do much with your information. They cant just call your insurance company and ask for money or make a claim without you being aware of it.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Blades is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:06 AM   #18
Quickid
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
They cant just call your insurance company and ask for money or make a claim without you being aware of it.
You're right, you can't call someone else's insurance company. The point is you'll need the other person's info to provide to your own insurance company. Your own insurance company will then contact the other persons insurance company.
Old 01-08-2014, 11:26 AM   #19
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickid View Post
You're right, you can't call someone else's insurance company. The point is you'll need the other person's info to provide to your own insurance company. Your own insurance company will then contact the other persons insurance company.
The term "no fault" insurance is very misleading,
there is always fault assigned,no fault is to make the
claim easier for your insurance will your claim
and they don't have to call the other insurance company

And due to exhorbitant rate increase ,many "at fault" drivers
are willing to settle privately, just be careful how you ptoceed
for you will be inconvenienced by doing things yourself
Instead of letting your insurance co deals with it
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 12:06 PM   #20
Quickid
3rd Gear Member

Both insurance companies will do their investigation to determine who is at fault. If you are at fault then your premium will most likely increase (unless you have the accident forgiveness option).

In Ontario, your insurance company will pay your claim and will not go after the other party's insurance company. It may be different in other provinces.
Old 01-08-2014, 01:36 PM   #21
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
The term "no fault" insurance is very misleading,
there is always fault assigned
Not in a parking lot .. if one person is turning and one is backing out there are no rules in which it falls under no fault and both parties have to cover there own problem.

If the car was just parked then its a different case.

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Old 01-08-2014, 01:39 PM   #22
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickid View Post
Yes true, but again .. that person can say it never happened or there was no damage.

its up to you to prove that now because cops dont care about small fender benders unless its a hit and run (which I witnessed and stopped and it still took the cops 4 hrs to get to the scene)

Old 01-08-2014, 08:50 PM   #23
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
Not in a parking lot .. if one person is turning and one is backing out there are no rules in which it falls under no fault and both parties have to cover there own problem.

If the car was just parked then its a different case.
I was posting based on OP's sccident n I know about parking lot accident
Where both parties will be assigned faults
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 09:08 PM   #24
Blackedout95
5th Gear Member

This nearly exact same thing happened to me once so I walked over to their car with a snow brush I had in the trunk and smacked the crap out of their bumper and walked away.

tic for tac
Old 01-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #25
vic325ci
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
What kind of society we live in when people are afraid to call their insurance company for their help.
Yea seriously people, that's why you pay these insurance companies all this money, you might as well get your money's worth!!!
vic325ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 09:47 AM   #26
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:

Ontario.

Insurance is the absolute last resort imho. last. I dont want to call them unless I have to. For OP's accident I wouldnt even bother...

as for the bumper "rebar" collapsing on that honda..you dont mean the piece of styrofoam?

Last edited by SiR; 01-09-2014 at 09:51 AM.
SiR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 10:32 AM   #27
windwagen
6th Gear Member

You should consult your insurance for advice. That will not affect your rating or rates. Only if you make a claim....
windwagen is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:06 PM   #28
Arash
6th Gear Member

I would try to get $100-200 cash out of him, otherwise report it and let the jerk get what he deserves. your rates won't be affected and you can potentially get more out of the deal
Arash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2014, 06:11 PM   #29
windwagen
6th Gear Member

The rebar on the Odyssey is made of stamped steel. It's like a rectangular tube with some reliefs to allow it to collapse a certain way.

Before you contact him, spend a little time and get one or two quotes. Again, you insurance company will have some "pre-qualified" shops, so you might want to ask them.
windwagen is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: