Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > Suspension & Brakes
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-21-2013, 05:05 PM   #1
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

E36 - TRM Coilovers

Used coilovers, used for one year and about 15,000 km. Recommended rates (670f/895r) by TRM. These things are stiff but the grip is simply phenomenal. Bump and rebound dampening tied to one knob, rear adjuster is on the bottom so no need to modify trunk liner or remove shocks to adjust.

Still on my car and accumulating about 250km a week (not a daily driver). More info available from TRM website:

See link here for info and pics

Quote:
Bump/rebound adjustable; tied to one knob.
Front struts are height and preload adjustable.
Includes front camber plates.
Rear damper is height adjustable and allows preloading of the rear spring.
Rear springs located in the stock spring location and includes a height adjuster.
Includes one set of springs with 5 rates to choose from in lb/in.
Includes RSMs.
The kit comes with adjustment wrenchs.
Fits all E36s except 318ti.

Designed for the track day enthusiast in mind, TRM coilovers offer track proven performance without the common compromises. The damping curves are designed for the US tracks which aren’t quite as smooth as our European counterparts. The streetable track car is a difficult target to hit, but with the right damping and proper rates, smooth isn’t a problem. The 8 selectable damping rates offer the proper ratio of bump to rebound damping for a wide range of conditions. The single adjustment handling both makes finding the right setting significantly easier, especially for anyone new to vehicle setup. TRM offers setup support as well as track side support to help you get the most out of your vehicle and suspension.

Recommended rates are 670 front and 895 rear.
I paid $1650 + shipping + duties. Asking $1400 CAD. Installation can be arranged, if required. Includes front swaybar links, both wrenches. Minor surface rust on rear adjusters and some hardware, nothing serious just one winter's worth of occasional exposure. As they are installed on car, you can test drive for yourself, these things just work.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 06:43 PM   #2
Pop-o-matic
2nd Gear Member

Hi
I was just researching those TRMs. Usually good comments on them.
I currently have Bilstein PSS on.
I was looking for something similar with camber plates.
Can I ask if there's something you didn't like about them?
Pop-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:16 PM   #3
Axxe

They are a quite firm and when the roads get rough it's not exactly a comfortable ride. You can definitely feel if you are running over a nickle or a dime, but by the same token they never ever lose their composure, never skitter, never give you anything you weren't expecting. The car changes direction amazingly, transitions are super predictable in all scenarios, it just makes me smile every time I take it a "test drive." Unfortunately my car is on it's last legs, the body just went to shit this winter, got a new DD so it's time for this one to go. If these don't sell, I will just keep them for another car down the road. I was about to order shorter 450/600 rate springs, which is exactly 1/3 softer, and I suspect that it would have been perfect for the street. People can't believe the spring rates, the dampers really do a good job hiding the monster rates (for a street car).

Old 04-02-2013, 02:29 PM   #4
Pop-o-matic
2nd Gear Member

Same here, winter has been hard. I would probably bust all strut and shock towers with these higher rates... although it'd be spectacular during a autox run.
Pop-o-matic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 02:40 PM   #5
Axxe

Actual my issue was the passenger side rocker, the rust was well hidden for a while but once it broke loose, game over.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: