Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > For Sale > BMW Cars For Sale
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 03-27-2013, 11:17 AM   #61
JJJames
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by petevw View Post
I'm my experience, cars show signs of wear and need suspension rebuilds around the 185-225kms mark. Look around at cars for sale with mileage in the early to mid 200's and they all have some form of recent ballpoint/tierod/bearing/strut mount/bushing...etc - maintenance done.

That is why I say this car needs nothing and shouldn't for awhile. Mind you, this is a BMW, and also a M at that; so plan to turn your wallet upside down and give it a shake every so often. The car game is a disease some of us are plagued with. I need an intervention. Lol.
true story - of course there will be things that go on the car in the next few thousand kms and need work - but good luck finding something out there that has been maintained in this condition for this price..
JJJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2013, 12:10 PM   #62
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Its not about mileage. Its about age(time)..especially for rubber and plastic on these cars. Anyways. The car IS a killer deal regardless and Ill just leave it at that.

Whoever buys this is getting a great car.
Old 03-27-2013, 01:13 PM   #63
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Any potential buyer can get the car checked out. No stories here. It's not ruined. Just someones preference that can be easily reversed. No big deal.
Right, as long as it hasn't has a respray changing these things back isn't too big of a deal.. what I was getting at here is that looking at this on say autotrader or kijiji with little info as to why it was done to me would raise flags that the car has been repainted.

GLWS!
Old 03-27-2013, 03:18 PM   #64
petevw
2nd Gear Member

Thanks for the kind words guys.

Quote:
After posting the pictures and going over the car top to bottom again, I noticed some missing caps that are pissing me off. The bolt cover on the valve cover shown in the pic above, and the airbag clip/cap thing on the driver door card. Tomorrow I'll be at Mississauga BMW getting/ordering them.
On order.
petevw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 03:56 PM   #65
petevw
2nd Gear Member

Have 4 people scheduled to look at the car today.

2down, 2 to go.

Potential buyers impressed with car and have given attractive offers.

We'll see how the rest of the day plays out.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:44 PM   #66
sparf328
boostjunky

is it still for sale? i was unable to come see it this weekend, i am very serious and will be able to purchase it at the end of april, i do not expect you to wait, unless you are willing to accept a deposit? pm me your phone number and perhaps we can discuss some things over the phone

thanks.
sparf328 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 10:15 AM   #67
petevw
2nd Gear Member

Yes still for sale. Serious buyers are out-of-towers. They have made offers and are looking at shipping options. Truck/train. Fellow enthousiast from Vancouver that saw the M3 on the weekend, a thunder bay resident, a guy from Ottawa is coming tomorrow afternoon, and a local that can't pull the trigger between this M3 and a E30 M3. Lost one potential buyer to a E46.

So far, so good.

I'll message you my number. Let's talk.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:32 PM   #68
royst
1st Gear Newbie

I'm intrested as well but like the other fellow I'm unable to do anytihing until April 20th.
If you haven't sold it by the weekend I would like to come and check it out.
royst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2013, 12:25 PM   #69
JJJames
2nd Gear Member

Hi Pete,

Not sure if you recall but I responded a while back, stating that I was very interested but could not act until finding out whether hired by my firm. I was hired yesterday, and so am in a position where this is now actually within my reach. I live in Etobicoke, and would really like to arrange a time to drop by and see the car. I posted a similar msg on Bimmerforums - hopefully we can figure something out. Feel free to get in touch by phone at 416-302-1956, or just pm me contact info if that's easier.

Much appreciated,

-James
JJJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2013, 06:20 PM   #70
petevw
2nd Gear Member

Pm' returned, and phone calls are made.

This week is looking promising for a sale.

Enjoy the day. I'm heading into the garage to wrench on some projects.
1965 21window Bus
1952 Split Beetle

Last edited by petevw; 04-14-2013 at 06:28 PM.
Old 04-23-2013, 06:00 PM   #71
petevw
2nd Gear Member

Still available.

Had it etested, safetied, and pre purchase inspection done last week for a serious buyer. Zero issues with car. Not even 1 concern.

Potential buyer was expecting to find issues to beat me up on price. He walked away from deal. Go figure.

Looks like it will remain a garage queen. First picture in post of odometer shows mileage from 2years ago. The last pic was when I posted the thread. So you can guess the distance between my old house and new one. Lol

The M3 now has about 40ish more kms from test drives and inspection.

Ohhhh well. Perhaps it will become a future garage find: "so this old man on my street has a e36 M3 with less than 120k sitting in his garage on blocks" thread.

Later,
1965 21window Bus
1952 Split Beetle
Old 04-23-2013, 06:02 PM   #72
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

^Hopefully you kept that time waster's deposit or at the very least, he paid for inspection/cert/etest.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:23 PM   #73
Mdrie
2nd Gear Member

Been following the thread and can't believe it hasn't sold yet. I was thinking of putting my own M3 up for sale and get into a newer BMW, but your experience doesn't give me much hope. Dealing with tire kickers and time wasters is not something I look forward to.
Mdrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2013, 06:29 PM   #74
petevw
2nd Gear Member

We came to a deal, and at that price i was saying as is, because of the confidence i have in the car. He wanted estest/cert/inspection at his choice of shop. I said fine. If car passes everything you pay. If issues, I foot the bill.

HIS mechanic came up with nothing, and I paid for all as he started making excuses, and split.

I guess I'm too trusting, and figure someone's "word" still means something. The lack of integrity among us is disappointing.

Enjoy the great weather.
1965 21window Bus
1952 Split Beetle
Old 04-23-2013, 06:44 PM   #75
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
We came to a deal, and at that price i was saying as is, because of the confidence i have in the car. He wanted estest/cert/inspection at his choice of shop. I said fine. If car passes everything you pay. If issues, I foot the bill.

HIS mechanic came up with nothing, and I paid for all as he started making excuses, and split.

I guess I'm too trusting, and figure someone's "word" still means something. The lack of integrity among us is disappointing.

Enjoy the great weather.
I would have taken my car and told the mechanic to contact "his" customer for payment, no way in hell I would have paid.
I do not take cars to mechanics/for inspections/cert+etest without deposit.
Sometimes it scares people away, other times they are reasonable and understand that a deal is a two way road.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: