Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > Track Junkies
User Name
Password


Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 01-18-2013, 11:14 AM   #16
EMPOWERD
Senior Moderator/Event-Coordinator
 
EMPOWERD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2001
Location: Mrs. Sauga
Posts: 10,111
Mosport DDT Solo-1

__________________

My YouTube video
-- RANDY SPARRE --
EMPOWERD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2013, 05:29 PM   #17
twboy1999
5th Gear Member
 
Join Date: May 2003
Location: toronto
Posts: 1,003
^
and i thought my car was loud
lol
__________________
1997 honda accord
twboy1999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 02:35 PM   #18
Nolimit77
2nd Gear Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Etobicoke
Posts: 164
re

Some very nice videos in this thread so I thought I might share mine.


Mosport:



TMP:

Nolimit77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 12:42 AM   #19
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,585
Finally uploaded my vids from 2012 lol
Here's mosport gp at the trillium school in sept

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=uBXTnp99u-Y
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 AM   #20
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 9,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
Finally uploaded my vids from 2012 lol
Here's mosport gp at the trillium school in sept

http://m.youtube.com/#/watch?v=uBXTnp99u-Y
Did you turn on your camera while on the back straight? lol
What did your instructor say?
__________________
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 10:50 AM   #21
Gleb
E30 ..?
 
Gleb's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 1,155
Stick to making dog videos
Gleb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:11 AM   #22
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Did you turn on your camera while on the back straight? lol
What did your instructor say?
Lol, I should have pulled off in the pits but all I had to do was push the top button, and I'm in an e30, i'm only doing 60km/hr up the back straight.

I didn't have an instructor for that session, Gleb told me that My driving style reminds him of Ayrton Senna, and he would like instruction from me instead. So he said, as long as you teach me those moves, I'll sign you off. I declined because those moves aren't taught, they're learned.....and sped away out of the pits.
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:06 PM   #23
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair
 
Bullet Ride's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Guelph
Posts: 5,629
Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
I didn't have an instructor for that session, Gleb told me that My driving style reminds him of Ayrton Senna, and he would like instruction from me instead. So he said, as long as you teach me those moves, I'll sign you off. I declined because those moves aren't taught, they're learned.....and sped away out of the pits.
Did Racer pass you through the esses while driving a civic in reverse?
__________________
Bullet Ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 04:18 PM   #24
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,585
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Did Racer pass you through the esses while driving a civic in reverse?
He was an instructor so he wasn't in my group. But I heard he drove his Mazda in reverse, lapped everyone 3 times, won the school, and did it all while on the phone with Barrett Jackson securing a modded e34 528
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 07:08 PM   #25
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm
 
kamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 510
Ha - just noticed this thread - Rudy your 2002 is faster than me E30

Anyone remember that F430 at the September school? I couldn't help it... No fancy apps here - all the silly captions were added by a drunken me, and uploaded before i sobered up ok?



And here we have the E30 Party!

__________________
 
kamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:07 PM   #26
davericher20
black and blue
 
davericher20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: 2 storey 3 bedroom 1 car garage
Posts: 3,585
Lol at Ferrari vid, I love that e30 party!
__________________


Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 11:06 PM   #27
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm
 
kamus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Location: Toronto
Posts: 510
Hey I just noticed the Ferrari is there again in the E30 Party video - from 0:43 for a while, we all pass him. I think that guy was really tired
__________________
 
kamus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 11:29 PM   #28
ex3mal
Weapon M
 
ex3mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Clarkson
Posts: 197
Obd2 iPhone

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
I'm sure there are many of us yearning to get back on the track, with all the changes at Mosport, I can't wait to experience them!

Post some videos from 2012 as we look back and reflect on the fun times we had.

I'll start.


1 un-eventful lap with some cool cars (Austin, E60 M5, Carrera S) during a BMW Toronto Track Day in Sept. Video taken using my iPhone and a OBDII bluetooth adapter to get rpm and throttle position, pretty cool.



Bimmercruise AutoSlalom @Mosport DDT
Which program do u use to record on your iPhone with rpm etc?? Thanx
__________________

e46 m3 artcar, ap racing bbk, maxpsi stage 2 build in progress
Follow on ig @weaponm
ex3mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:08 AM   #29
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator
 
T.Dot_E30's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: T.Dot
Posts: 9,189
Quote:
Originally Posted by ex3mal View Post
Which program do u use to record on your iPhone with rpm etc?? Thanx
It's an app called Harry's Lap Timer, it does the data & video recording and the video overlay all within the app, it's amazing what this one app does. You'd have to spend a lot more to record the data, record video and then a lot more time on a computer to overlay the data on top of the video.

To get RPM and throttle position, you need a bluetooth obdII adapter. I have one called GoPoint BT1. Bluetooth adapter can also be used with other apps to read and clear codes.
__________________
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2013, 09:45 AM   #30
ex3mal
Weapon M
 
ex3mal's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Clarkson
Posts: 197
Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
It's an app called Harry's Lap Timer, it does the data & video recording and the video overlay all within the app, it's amazing what this one app does. You'd have to spend a lot more to record the data, record video and then a lot more time on a computer to overlay the data on top of the video.

To get RPM and throttle position, you need a bluetooth obdII adapter. I have one called GoPoint BT1. Bluetooth adapter can also be used with other apps to read and clear codes.
Thanx a lot !!!
__________________

e46 m3 artcar, ap racing bbk, maxpsi stage 2 build in progress
Follow on ig @weaponm
ex3mal is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.