Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2013, 10:36 AM   #76
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

awd has better traction off the line in the snow?

lol obviously. and never using winter tires again?
Old 01-21-2013, 11:21 AM   #77
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
and never using winter tires again?
Agreed.

While yes many people drive around with all-seasons and do fine. (FWD/RWD/AWD /4x4 included) That's fine, it's their compromise to make.

No one gets into accidents taking off slower at stop lights, seems like triggerman cares more about flooring it from a stoplight and less about braking/stability/control, which causes more accidents.
Old 01-21-2013, 12:22 PM   #78
Trigger8man
BMW4lifenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
Agreed.

While yes many people drive around with all-seasons and do fine. (FWD/RWD/AWD /4x4 included) That's fine, it's their compromise to make.

No one gets into accidents taking off slower at stop lights, seems like triggerman cares more about flooring it from a stoplight and less about braking/stability/control, which causes more accidents.
Don't believe I said that, Sir is assuming. Let me be clear then. I don't ever plan on getting snowtires on any BMW xi vehicle I own in the future while living in GTA. I have snow tires on my 328i now and it's okay but I can definitely say the past xi BMWs I owned drive better than RWD BMW vehicles with snowtires.

And who said anything about flooring it ? That's a very stupid assumption. Even dumber than the Sir assumption.

It seems this board has a regular bunch of idiots that make assumptions and need to attack when it rivals their opinions.
1995 318ti
1990 Mustang GT
1985 Camaro Z28 IROC
1979 Civic (used)
Old 01-21-2013, 12:35 PM   #79
win8x100e
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trigger8man View Post
Don't believe I said that, Sir is assuming. Let me be clear then. I don't ever plan on getting snowtires on any BMW xi vehicle I own in the future while living in GTA. I have snow tires on my 328i now and it's okay but I can definitely say the past xi BMWs I owned drive better than RWD BMW vehicles with snowtires.

And who said anything about flooring it ? That's a very stupid assumption. Even dumber than the Sir assumption.

It seems this board has a regular bunch of idiots that make assumptions and need to attack when it rivals their opinions.
LOL, I can see all the mutts flocking back to this thread. Do yourself a favor, don't bother responding to these dinosaur trolls cuz I'm pretty sure they(or one of the mutt followers) will prove your last statement right.
Old 01-21-2013, 01:18 PM   #80
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

All I'm saying is you are focusing too much on this...

Quote:
Most important benefit for me for xi is driving off from a standstill in winter weather.
We're having a discussion here (At least I thought so), It's getting old hearing about all the trolls/idiots/other name calling. I find it interesting that all of you continue to post here, then bash everyone else that makes a post that proves you wrong or doesn't agree with yours.

You seem to have a biased opinion about xi/wintertires that wouldn't change, so let's just agree to disagree.
Old 01-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #81
Trigger8man
BMW4lifenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
All I'm saying is you are focusing too much on this...

We're having a discussion here (At least I thought so), It's getting old hearing about all the trolls/idiots/other name calling. I find it interesting that all of you continue to post here, then bash everyone else that makes a post that proves you wrong or doesn't agree with yours.

You seem to have a biased opinion about xi/wintertires that wouldn't change, so let's just agree to disagree.
Your right. But to be fair and unbiased you should also point out that some of the regulars here have a biased on having snow tires. It's a 2 way street.
1995 318ti
1990 Mustang GT
1985 Camaro Z28 IROC
1979 Civic (used)
Old 01-22-2013, 01:18 PM   #82
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Don't believe I said that, Sir is assuming.
Quote:
I don't ever plan on getting snowtires on any BMW xi vehicle I own in the future while living in GTA.

uh its clear as day right there. lol didnt assume anything . An no your all season awd car is not driving better than a rwd car with snow tires. But whatever makes you feel better.

there is no biased view on snow tires. They are simply better and should be used if you want the proper tools for winter driving. it doesnt mean you cant get by with all seasons(of course you can) but if you want that hindered braking and turning performance be my guest.
Just dont crash into me. Hit the car beside me.

Last edited by SiR; 01-22-2013 at 01:21 PM.
Old 01-24-2013, 11:42 AM   #83
win8x100e
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
uh its clear as day right there. lol didnt assume anything . An no your all season awd car is not driving better than a rwd car with snow tires. But whatever makes you feel better.

there is no biased view on snow tires. They are simply better and should be used if you want the proper tools for winter driving. it doesnt mean you cant get by with all seasons(of course you can) but if you want that hindered braking and turning performance be my guest.
Just dont crash into me. Hit the car beside me.
Yawn... we get it, your not biased at all. You personally should put snow tires on everything you drive, cars, trucks, bicycles, wheelchairs, strollers... Muhhahahahahah.
Old 01-24-2013, 03:33 PM   #84
damameke
6th Gear Member

best compromise: all weather tire, Nokian .. Hankook and the Goodyear tripletred
Old 01-24-2013, 05:01 PM   #85
lvan
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to lvan
What about if a want to purchase a fresh trade in from a BMW dealer? Is it a good idea to get a car inspected in that same dealer? I am sure they would not have taken a bad trade.
Old 01-24-2013, 06:37 PM   #86
jeff2
Jeff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
What about if a want to purchase a fresh trade in from a BMW dealer? Is it a good idea to get a car inspected in that same dealer? I am sure they would not have taken a bad trade.
If it's CPO not sure you need to get it inspected, however keep in mind they won't change anything that is borderline acceptable unless they absolutely have to because they are a business and don't like losing money.

A suggestion might be take it to a indy shop and have them do a inspection, you can then be sure you get a unbiased checklist of borderline items that would need changing/replacing within a year. You could then leverage this to either bring down the cost of the car or have them agree to do the work on condition of sales.

If the Indy shop says it checks out fine, then you get a peace of mind as you drive away.

Good luck.

Lastly, you want to still ask for a Carfax report just in case.
Old 01-25-2013, 11:59 AM   #87
Cracky
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by win8x100e View Post
Yawn... we get it, your not biased at all. You personally should put snow tires on everything you drive, cars, trucks, bicycles, wheelchairs, strollers... Muhhahahahahah.

whats it like being so dumb?
Old 01-25-2013, 02:31 PM   #88
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
uh its clear as day right there. lol didnt assume anything . An no your all season awd car is not driving better than a rwd car with snow tires.
You sure about that?

I bet if you were on a field with snow or driving out of a ditch he has a better chance then you do. All seasons does not equal shit balled tires because thats kinda what your assuming. There are great all season tires out there as well as shit winter tires.

I'll put money down if he had Flaken All seasons vs nexen 3000 winters

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Old 01-25-2013, 03:08 PM   #89
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blades View Post
You sure about that?

I bet if you were on a field with snow or driving out of a ditch he has a better chance then you do. All seasons does not equal shit balled tires because thats kinda what your assuming. There are great all season tires out there as well as shit winter tires.

I'll put money down if he had Flaken All seasons vs nexen 3000 winters
Your definition of 'better' is getting out of a ditch. You are not considering any other factors. What about braking? What about cornering? What about stability? What about comfort?
What about fuel mileage? What about weight? What about maintenance?
Old 01-25-2013, 03:47 PM   #90
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvan View Post
ahhaha, bmw and any dealer will take anything on a trade, then they will mark it up exponentially, no one, well there are always morons, buys it and after it sits, then a wholesaler or someone like me buys it and then we sell it for less (or if you are a greedy dealer) the same that bmw was selling it for.

That is the used car market 101.
Most new car/big dealers will not hold on to anything over 4 years and with over XXXXXX amount of km's, regardless of car and condition.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: