Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > Audio/Sound
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 01-07-2013, 03:49 AM   #1
Jeazy
Newbie Audiophile

Send a message via Skype™ to Jeazy
'95 BMW 318IS Speaker Ohms?????

Hey!
I was recently talking with my sibling who used to do Audio equipment installs so getting help from him is easy when it comes to this stuff. However, both of us are stumped on my BMW I recently received as a gift. To my knowledge, the BMW audio is stock. The BMW itself has 8 speakers hooked up to the Head Deck, but what we were wondering is what Ohms the speakers are and what type of circuit they are using (parallel or series).

Anyone who can answer this quickly will really make my day.. or night I guess haha.

thanks all.
Jeazy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 08:24 AM   #2
kenmar
3rd Gear Member

Are you sure all 8 speakers are hooked up straight to the head unit? From my recollection ('94 325i), there were only 4 speaker leads at the head (2 F, 2 R); it was actually at the amps in the trunk where the maze of speaker wires converged. For my car, you could actually buy any head unit and wire it in. I don't recall encountering any oddball ohm values for the speakers when I researched it.
kenmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 09:49 AM   #3
jamrobin
1st Gear Newbie

I've got 2 e36s, one with the basic audio and one with the HK audio.
The one with the basic audio has 8ohm Nokia speakers. There are (on my '94 318iS) 6 up front, mid base in the kick panels, mids and tweets in the doors, and 4 in back pair of mids and tweets (although apparently some had "plate 4x6 instead of components?). I know for certain because I just bought some new mids for the doors because the grilles of the mids were broken and the speakers kept falling into the door. Not certain yet about the HKs in the '99 M3 convertible, I just bought it but I'll find out soon because they're buzzing badly so I assume they're blown so I'll be pulling them as soon as I find a decent replacement or like new oem ones. (interested in suggestions if anyone has replaced theirs... 4" components used to be common but now nobody seems to make them??)
jamrobin is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bmw audio ohms 1995is red

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: