Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Closed Thread

Old 01-04-2013, 02:44 PM   #61
debunn
1st Gear Newbie

If you're looking for a used vehicle (which it sounds like you are) and you can afford to wait a bit, you might want to buy one in February. Used car prices are historically lowest in February as the weather is usually the worst for looking at cars, and the new year has added another year to it's age. If you're looking at a trade in though, the same thing will apply to your own vehicle...
Old 01-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #62
HavocSteve
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by win8x100e View Post
Correct information ? It don't look like you even currently own a BMW. Kinda like the guy that justifies showing up by himself at a couples retreat because he USE to be married. Muhhahahahahah...
That's a cool post bro. I may not own a BMW at this current moment but that doesn't mean I have 0 knowledge of them. Enjoy your 323i you go getter you!
Old 01-04-2013, 04:01 PM   #63
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

awd always burns more gas than its fwd or rwd counter part. derp

Its still an enjoyable feature to have in the winter(WITH snow tires). Not that rwd is crippled in the winter time(not even close).

Go test drive some cars OP. whatever you do(after you pick a car) find a good local indy service shop at stay far far away from the dealers here. They are so marked up its ridiculous.
Lots of other places to shop for parts too.
Old 01-04-2013, 07:49 PM   #64
cormier
6th Gear Member

awd FTW! Ya mileage and track use isn't the best but winter makes up for it x100

Old 01-04-2013, 11:47 PM   #65
win8x100e
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HavocSteve View Post
That's a cool post bro. I may not own a BMW at this current moment but that doesn't mean I have 0 knowledge of them. Enjoy your 323i you go getter you!
Your a joke "bro", anyone can "get" knowledge by surfing the web. Enjoy your non-BMW car, you BMW wannabe owner you
Old 01-05-2013, 10:45 AM   #66
cormier
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Your a joke "bro", anyone can "get" knowledge by surfing the web. Enjoy your non-BMW car, you BMW wannabe owner you
I can't read sarcasm very well over the www but I would hope that this back and forth is a good example of it

Otherwise, you will lose very badly mr. 323. Obviously Havoc does have extensive Bimmer know-how

Old 01-05-2013, 01:01 PM   #67
win8x100e
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
I can't read sarcasm very well over the www but I would hope that this back and forth is a good example of it

Otherwise, you will lose very badly mr. 323. Obviously Havoc does have extensive Bimmer know-how
Lose badly at what ? Sarcasm ? I'm sure he has Bimmer know-how as many others do. I've found that all forums have the old "dinosaurs" stereotypes (due for extinction) with a bunch of retarded followers. Reminds of me of the old Looney Tune cartoon clips... the bulldog and the mutt. You can guess which role you play.
Old 01-05-2013, 01:21 PM   #68
propr'one
op sucks cock

Send a message via MSN to propr'one
this is all so horribly boring.

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin supersports, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt ZCP 19's michelin supersports, deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
hid headlights hid kit
Old 01-05-2013, 01:30 PM   #69
dbworld4k
Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by propr'one View Post
this is all so horribly boring.
+1...

'02 ///M5 Imola Red / Imola Red '09 335i Alpine White / Coral Red

Past:
'04 E55 AMG Brilliant Silver / Anthracite
'96 318i Alpine White / Black
'01 330Ci Titanium Silver / Coral Red
'96 328i Jet Black / Black
Old 01-05-2013, 06:34 PM   #70
jeff2
Jeff2

Quote:
Originally Posted by debunn View Post
If you're looking for a used vehicle (which it sounds like you are) and you can afford to wait a bit, you might want to buy one in February. Used car prices are historically lowest in February as the weather is usually the worst for looking at cars, and the new year has added another year to it's age. If you're looking at a trade in though, the same thing will apply to your own vehicle...
Solid advice ! Maybe wait 1 week after the Toronto Auto show. There maybe a mass price reduction in 2011 and earlier models.
Old 01-05-2013, 10:20 PM   #71
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I've been following this thread somewhat weekly and I find it absolutely hilarious.
If you come on a board asking a bunch of random people you don't know whether or not you should spend your money on something that you want, you are a tool.

Do you want a BMW?(yes)
Is it superior to your POS?(yes)
Is it going to cost more for upkeep? (yes, DUH)
Is it going to cost more on fuel? (yes, DUH, larger engine/tank!)
Are opinions like assholes? (definitely yes)
Are you going to come here and ask us about the type of toilet paper you are considering buying?? ( I ****ing hope not)

Buy a damn Bimmer you can afford already and stop wasting KB;s. Like, am I missing something? forget 335i, get a 328XI and be happy!
Like come on, I can't even believe we are 5 pages in guys...

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior

Last edited by bmwm5lover; 01-05-2013 at 11:01 PM.
Old 01-06-2013, 11:48 AM   #72
Blades
Your opinion is to long

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
i've been following this thread somewhat weekly and i find it absolutely hilarious.
If you come on a board asking a bunch of random people you don't know whether or not you should spend your money on something that you want, you are a tool.

Do you want a bmw?(yes)
is it superior to your pos?(yes)
is it going to cost more for upkeep? (yes, duh)
is it going to cost more on fuel? (yes, duh, larger engine/tank!)
are opinions like assholes? (definitely yes)
are you going to come here and ask us about the type of toilet paper you are considering buying?? ( i ****ing hope not)

buy a damn bimmer you can afford already and stop wasting kb;s. Like, am i missing something? Forget 335i, get a 328xi and be happy!
Like come on, i can't even believe we are 5 pages in guys...
+1 ^

All it takes is one bad day to reduce the sanest man alive to lunacy. Thats how far the world is from where i am. just one bad day. - Unknown
Old 01-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #73
cormier
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Lose badly at what ? Sarcasm ? I'm sure he has Bimmer know-how as many others do. I've found that all forums have the old "dinosaurs" stereotypes (due for extinction) with a bunch of retarded followers. Reminds of me of the old Looney Tune cartoon clips... the bulldog and the mutt. You can guess which role you play.
You mean.... All forums you go on recognize you as a complete troll when you try and pick fights with senior people? Lol. I very much enjoy your looney tunes reference thanks made my day

OP, you buy a car yet?

Old 01-06-2013, 04:47 PM   #74
win8x100e
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cormier View Post
You mean.... All forums you go on recognize you as a complete troll when you try and pick fights with senior people? Lol. I very much enjoy your looney tunes reference thanks made my day

OP, you buy a car yet?
That's the spirit, never take it personally !
Old 01-20-2013, 11:09 AM   #75
Trigger8man
BMW4lifenow

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
awd always burns more gas than its fwd or rwd counter part. derp

Its still an enjoyable feature to have in the winter(WITH snow tires). Not that rwd is crippled in the winter time(not even close).
AWD burns more fuel. True for all AWD/4x4 vehicles, so nothing enlightening there. Snow tires on a xi ? Had them on a 330xi for first winter season due to paranoia & my inexperience with i & xi BMWs. Never used them again on any xi vehicles I owned. Non xi BMWs, snow tires are recommended, even with snow tires the i does not drive like a xi in snow/ice. I got a 2011 328i now, can't wait for lease to complete so I can go back to xi. Most important benefit for me for xi is driving off from a standstill in winter weather. i models, even with snow tires just don't drive off as well from a standstill in snow/ice conditions. Most important thing is there is No secret to winter driving, slow down, don't drive like a idiot.
1995 318ti
1990 Mustang GT
1985 Camaro Z28 IROC
1979 Civic (used)
Closed Thread

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: