Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-05-2012, 04:22 AM   #1
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

Exclamation Twice As Nice: Pair of E30 M3 Sport Evos in the UK.

There are some things that words just can't capture the magnificence of. The car of all cars. Two times, two colours, two and a half litres of perfection to the power of two. And of course, they're in the UK (surprise surprise) and for sale.

http://www.4starclassics.com/BMW-M3-...ions-For-Sale/

Too many great pictures on the 4 Star Classic website to post up, so I'll just post a few - In case some wealthy afficionado defies the expression "more money than taste" and in an act of superb judgement snatches them both up .

Enjoy.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sport Evos.jpg (265.6 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg Sport Evos 2.jpg (238.8 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg Sport Evos 3.jpg (242.7 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg Sport Evos 4.jpg (251.7 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg Sport Evos 5.jpg (245.0 KB, 152 views)
File Type: jpg Sport Evos 6.jpg (269.5 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg Sport Evos 7.jpg (251.6 KB, 151 views)
File Type: jpg Sport Evos 8.jpg (109.4 KB, 150 views)
Old 11-05-2012, 11:03 AM   #2
NOTORIOUS VR
6th Gear Member

As much as I understand that these cars are/can be collector cars... who the hell will pay that much ($250k CND) for them and who would want two mint ones in the first place?

Makes no sense to me. You will never get the money back out of them at that price especially if you drive them.
Old 11-05-2012, 01:54 PM   #3
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

plenty of numbers matching muscle cars command that kind of price.
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 01:58 PM   #4
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

I think they are definitely desirable, collectible and worth a good chunk of money.
If I was very wealthy and building a car collection (which I would), that red one would definitely find its way into my collection for 125 Large.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. '01 Exterior Upgrades; E60 SSK
Toys'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 02:46 PM   #5
kamus
Life begins at 4000rpm

thanks for sharing!

kamus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:07 PM   #6
careless7
Drivin' new whips weekly

I think I felt it move a bit
careless7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 06:29 PM   #7
Quack
Wheelman

Send a message via MSN to Quack
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwm5lover View Post
I think they are definitely desirable, collectible and worth a good chunk of money.
If I was very wealthy and building a car collection (which I would), that red one would definitely find its way into my collection for 125 Large.
agreed

Maxbimmer Drama, You Gotta Love It
Quack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2012, 07:35 PM   #8
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

hmm...

Time to check my lotto max ticket...lol

Money comes and goes, 2 mint EVO III's dont !!!!!!

btw, this one is in Etobicoke, registered under Eurospec imports LTD

http://www.s14.ctmnet.de/0147/0147.htm

Last edited by Robb; 11-05-2012 at 07:45 PM.
Robb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 04:53 AM   #9
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
hmm...

Time to check my lotto max ticket...lol

Money comes and goes, 2 mint EVO III's dont !!!!!!

btw, this one is in Etobicoke, registered under Eurospec imports LTD

http://www.s14.ctmnet.de/0147/0147.htm
Yup, that link, IIRC is the previous owner of the car before it was imported and sold through Willz. Although the new owner asked to remain anonymous, wasn't the word around the campfire that he is a surgeon from somewhere north of the GTA?

Also, the person above who made the comment about the muscle cars has a very good point which comes into question for me as well. Classic muscle cars routinely command these prices and let's face it, what have they really done? If we look at the racing pedigree and what it takes to define a true collectors sports automobile, I think the Sport Evos are certainly worth their weight in gold. Obviously there are some people who are bias towards these cars, and I admit I am one of them. For that reason, if I was rich enough, this would be a no brainer purchase for me ( Brilliantrot please ). This is the most successful racing car on any continent in the history of automobiles, no other manufacture can lay stake to that claim... let's let that sink in fellas .

The "collector" car market has been steadily increasing, and in numerous cases leaping ahead in recent years. At the higher end, prices have gone up 50%-100%, a perfect example being early 911s & Carrera RS's. I saw the sale of two early 911's recently in west Germany, and admittedly not being too well versed in the early 911 or early Porsche market value scene, I was still amazed when I saw the asking prices. Even more so to see that they sold with very little effort. Numerous older Porsches, some Benzes, Dinos, Iso Grifos, F40s, Jaguars, AM's etc. have shot up in price within the collector car market. Granted, these cars are all in different classes, or better put, spectrums of appeal. Many "newer" classics have not headed north yet, but in the case of the above examples, many of them were $40-80k cars within the last decade and now they are pretty much all well into the 6-figure range. There's an old saying that a rising tide lifts all boats.

That being said, if you look at the 1980's there aren't that many cars that have a devotional following, visible impact, drivers connection, and perhaps most importantly - historical importance - like the E30 M3.

Another interesting angle to look at it from, and this is just more food for thought; perhaps to help develop this interesting discussion, is that BMW M Motorsports is arguably the most decorated motorsports division of any automobile manufacturer. In that case, we are here discussing what many consider to be the most prominent piece of M Motorsport history and the pinnacle of their achievements.

Cliffs notes: My gosh I love these cars lol.. and older BMWs in general.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:18 AM   #10
BigD
the misanthropist

For the record, a precious few old muscle cars will fetch money like this. There are plenty of absolutely mint, kickass muscle cars you can get for 20-40 grand. The ones that fetch big money are the ultra rare, most desirable package, original (not replacement panels) cars like a Hemi Daytona in mint, non-restored condition. Something like a transmission and seat option, or some option package, can make a difference of 100k+.

I'm not saying that these cars are overpriced, only that the collector car market is a very strange beast. People try to put some kind of method to it but what it really comes down to is having 2 or more rich guys who have a boner for this exact car because they couldn't have one back when they were poor. They drive the price up, trying to outbid one another, and the one to give up last, gets it and that's what it's "worth". Like the 300SL Gullwing... it's really a pretty crappy car but back in its day, it was the car you dreamt about owning because in your mind, it guaranteed to get you any ass you could want. So they sell for millions.
Old 11-06-2012, 07:23 AM   #11
frankie591
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigD View Post
For the record, a precious few old muscle cars will fetch money like this. There are plenty of absolutely mint, kickass muscle cars you can get for 20-40 grand. The ones that fetch big money are the ultra rare, most desirable package, original (not replacement panels) cars like a Hemi Daytona in mint, non-restored condition. Something like a transmission and seat option, or some option package, can make a difference of 100k+.

I'm not saying that these cars are overpriced, only that the collector car market is a very strange beast. People try to put some kind of method to it but what it really comes down to is having 2 or more rich guys who have a boner for this exact car because they couldn't have one back when they were poor. They drive the price up, trying to outbid one another, and the one to give up last, gets it and that's what it's "worth". Like the 300SL Gullwing... it's really a pretty crappy car but back in its day, it was the car you dreamt about owning because in your mind, it guaranteed to get you any ass you could want. So they sell for millions.

You can get a plymouth roadrunner for 35k, but a superbird will cost you 100k more than that. Same thing is happening with these m3's. A normal m3 can fetch 30k in mint shape, but it is the rarity and originality of these evo 3's that commands the higher price.
frankie591 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2012, 09:51 AM   #12
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-TRD3 View Post
Although the new owner asked to remain anonymous, wasn't the word around the campfire that he is a surgeon from somewhere north of the GTA?
Dunno, but it is registered in Etobicoke under Eurospec Imports Ltd licence plate AVLV 515

For that kind of money though, Id buy a real DTM / BTCC E30 M3 and bragg about it at the racetrack. LoL

http://www.classicdriver.de/de/find/...lCarID=1850929

Last edited by Robb; 11-06-2012 at 09:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:01 AM   #13
Robb
EX E30 M3 Owner

http://www.classicdriver.de/de/find/...lCarID=1862217

Old 11-06-2012, 10:07 AM   #14
craz azn
6th Gear Member

Send a message via MSN to craz azn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robb View Post
Dunno, but it is registered in Etobicoke under Eurospec Imports Ltd licence plate AVLV 515

For that kind of money though, Id buy a real DTM / BTCC E30 M3 and bragg about it at the racetrack. LoL

http://www.classicdriver.de/de/find/...lCarID=1850929

Admittedly, one of my favorite DTM cars... but wtf, would not be down to pay the extra 100k to Art and Revs just for a 'cosmetic restoration'!

Rippin' Proper | Youtube | Vimeo |
craz azn is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: