Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E90/E91/E92/E93
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-27-2012, 11:30 AM   #1
ha9981
1st Gear Newbie

Did you get CPO Coverage on these E90 issues?

I am wondering if anyone had the following covered under CPO:

- blower motor whistling noise
- worn tan door handle which they admit was an issue in a TSB but blamed on "sunscreen" and is only covered under original warranty.
- clunking sound when engaging into Drive or Reverse (some bearing needs grease not major but a pain to do on your own)
- moisture seeps into headlight
- transmission shifts jerky (probably software that other E90 owners had fixed)

Thanks!
ha9981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 01:04 PM   #2
MANDD
Autobahn East

1. Blower motor whistling noise Covered under CPO

2. Worn tan door handle - Not covered under CPO and is stated in the CPO warranty. ***No trim water leaks or body noises are covered***

3. Clunking sound when engaging into Drive or Reverse - Covered under CPO ***Get checked ASAP as there is an issue with the rear differential for the E90, If your car is an XI then there is a recall on the front driveshaft bolts***
(Indicate your model)

4. Moisture seeps into headlight - Not covered under CPO and is stated in the CPO warranty. ***Depending on the production date of your car the headlight lens can be re-sealed.

5. Transmission shifts jerky - Covered under CPO

Some non covered items may be covered at the dealers discretion under goodwill. This is typically when your vehicle has confirmed service history within the dealer body.

The dealer must be able to confirm your complaints to apply CPO unless you have a good service relationship with the servicing dealer.

Mark.
MANDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 04:31 PM   #3
ha9981
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANDD View Post
1. Blower motor whistling noise Covered under CPO

2. Worn tan door handle - Not covered under CPO and is stated in the CPO warranty. ***No trim water leaks or body noises are covered***

3. Clunking sound when engaging into Drive or Reverse - Covered under CPO ***Get checked ASAP as there is an issue with the rear differential for the E90, If your car is an XI then there is a recall on the front driveshaft bolts***
(Indicate your model)

4. Moisture seeps into headlight - Not covered under CPO and is stated in the CPO warranty. ***Depending on the production date of your car the headlight lens can be re-sealed.

5. Transmission shifts jerky - Covered under CPO

Some non covered items may be covered at the dealers discretion under goodwill. This is typically when your vehicle has confirmed service history within the dealer body.

The dealer must be able to confirm your complaints to apply CPO unless you have a good service relationship with the servicing dealer.

Mark.

The car is a 07 328i automatic rear wheel drive. The dealer said everything that was wrong with it was not covered. The transmission issue I was never aware of until I tried out somebody elses car.

I WANTED THEM TO COVER THE CLUNKING SOUND!!! That was a major PO. I am going to drop of the car this time for the whistle from blower motor, the jerky shifts, and the clunk.

Which dealer should I go to? I tried Maranello as they were famed everywhere, literally drove from Oshawa only to have to face a terrible girl at the service desk who claimed my appointment was never there. When they finally found my appointment they dismissed everything as not covered under CPO. I think I got unluckly, may give them another chance with weekday staff, their new person who books service appointments is really good, I think the old one got layed off or something. Thats a relief.
Old 10-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #4
Revision2
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ha9981 View Post
The car is a 07 328i automatic rear wheel drive. The dealer said everything that was wrong with it was not covered. The transmission issue I was never aware of until I tried out somebody elses car.

I WANTED THEM TO COVER THE CLUNKING SOUND!!! That was a major PO. I am going to drop of the car this time for the whistle from blower motor, the jerky shifts, and the clunk.

Which dealer should I go to? I tried Maranello as they were famed everywhere, literally drove from Oshawa only to have to face a terrible girl at the service desk who claimed my appointment was never there. When they finally found my appointment they dismissed everything as not covered under CPO. I think I got unluckly, may give them another chance with weekday staff, their new person who books service appointments is really good, I think the old one got layed off or something. Thats a relief.
I've never had issues at Maranello but if you're coming all the way from Oshawa you may want to try BMW Toronto / Parkview BMW as they are closer locations to you with a decent reputation. Although, Maranello is a sponsor here so mentioning you're a MaxBimmer forum member when talking with the SA may provide better pricing. Good luck.
Revision2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 11:40 AM   #5
ha9981
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revision2 View Post
I've never had issues at Maranello but if you're coming all the way from Oshawa you may want to try BMW Toronto / Parkview BMW as they are closer locations to you with a decent reputation. Although, Maranello is a sponsor here so mentioning you're a MaxBimmer forum member when talking with the SA may provide better pricing. Good luck.
Thanks. Going to try local first. Then going to try Maranello again. Then try Toronto. I think I got unlucky because the tech at Maranello said my issue was covered and the service advisor argued saying no it isn't. She screwed me over, she even said I didn't have an appointment when I walked in. I don't remember the name but I can confirm it isn't the current person who attends the phone ("Sarah"). Who ever the other person she was not good in person or on the phone. Just try to avoid this other advisor.

I know Maranello has an awesome rep, that is where I used to get parts for e46. Now all of a sudden this other service advisor made me walk away extremely pissed off feeling like I had been fooled to believe maybe some dealerships are actually legit people. I am under the impression it was bad luck though, everyone else here has been extremely happy.

Hopefully some dealership fixes this before my CPO expires. Or this maybe my last BMW.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: