Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Classifieds > Supporting Vendor Comments/Feedback > Bimmerboys
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 07-05-2012, 11:45 PM   #31
ac_2007
Cruising in Top Gear

In BimmerBoys' defense, both times I've ordered parts from PJ were positive experiences. Everything was well packaged and priced right.
He took care of me on my second order at their expense when a supplier made a mistake. I really couldn't have asked for better service.

It sure seems like they're trying to make things right and admitting responsibility.
Old 07-06-2012, 04:18 AM   #32
fuzionx23
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick_V View Post
Bull$hit. I haven't seen that explicitly stated anywhere except in this thread, in his own defense. He must be a REALLY nice guy if he is willing to deal with all the headaches that come from dealing with angry customers to do this for peanuts. If that's the business model, it should be spelled out in capital letters on his homepage - "Great prices, whenever we get around to dealing with you, after we have your money, that is." I'm pissed because he accepted a payment from me for some parts almost 4 weeks ago and hasn't returned PMs/emails since. Nothing. So I read this thread and see that he went on a nice vacation. Would have been nice to know. I could deal with what he "straight out" said if it actually would have been straight out. My beef is that there was no mention of him being away, possible delays, etc. and absolutely no communication after taking my money. Not to mention a total disregard for my project timeline. You'd think a true enthusiast would know how frustrating it is to be kept in the dark for weeks after forking over money for shit he needs to keep his project rolling. How hard would it have been (knowing he was leaving for vacation) to say, "Nick, I can get your parts no problem, but if you need them asap you might wanna try somewhere else as I'll be away for a month." This is in no way about wanting something for free, it's about people conducting business poorly.

+10 0000000000

Ceeker: did bimmerboys pay you to say that? or are you a child? what you said was the most ridiculous thing i've ever heard.

Running a business is built on integrity. i give you money you give me what you promised to give. its either you follow through or you dont as a business owner, if you can't understand what a business entails you have no reason to run one. I dont care whether you do it for fun, for a bit of profit (which i find is a total BS) there is no excuse for blatant irresponsibility.

honestly dude next time you need to buy something expensive, send me money ill get i for you. just know that ill hold onto your money, tell you its on its way, send you only parts of what i promised, go on a trip for days without informing you, spend your hard earned cash, then when i get back tell you i tried getting you the parts make some BS about how its a part time job, its for fun, i only make part time money, and say oh, when i say im going to get you a whole engine swap it was only these parts.
Old 07-07-2012, 07:56 PM   #33
Roysneon
2nd Gear Member

I semi-recently bought a motor from someone. I told him my car had an M40, the motor I was buying was an M42. I said repeatedly to him "engine swap". When the motor was out (I had to help pull it) he started talking about things like separating the trans and me returning the alternator to him. I had never thought that those parts were not included and he had never thought I wanted them included. This situation completely reminded me of exactly how that deal went down. I was pissed off at first but then realized I should have looked him in the face and told him that I want the trans, driveshaft and all accessories connected to the engine.

It really seems to me that PJ just did this for a way to be more involved in the community, have an excuse to play with BMWs and parts that made money instead of costing him money and sell a few parts on the side. Unfortunately for him and anyone dissatisfied after sending money it seems he got in over his head. Not the would be customer's fault, but as a third party I sympathize with all involved.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceeker View Post
on a related note: I deal with someone regularly from the states. up until now he's been pretty good with me until recently. I asked for price/avail a number of times now and I got the "I'll get it, I'll get it. and now over 3 weeks and I got it...I got " I'm too busy and really sorry I couldn't" what do I say to that? so now my projects are hung up for over a month because his priority now is his shop and not me. I can suck it up or I can leave and find another supplier who will be glad to take on my business. :-)
You talking about Levent? I found the same thing recently, started buying from Blunt.

What's the difference between a BMW and a porcupine?
Old 07-10-2012, 02:34 AM   #34
BimmerBoys
3rd Gear Member

Why does everyone insist that me wanting to help the community is bs? My supplier in the states offers a bulk discount so all I do is bundle the orders that I get from people here with my own, and get better prices. Or I set my mark up to a minimum and often end up with nothing to show for it. Its really not a big deal, I've met some great people and made some good friends. I'm sorry that so many people are so cynical as to think that a person can't just do good for others because thats simply what they feel like doing. I'm not claiming to be a martyr, I do get cheep parts for me and my friends and family, but believe me you're not paying my mortgage.

I'm sorry I started all this mess, I had the opportunity to go to the euro cup and visit my family in Europe so I went. whats done is done, so please let this be the last post here. If you have any positive or more negative comments please just start a new thread.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: