Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-28-2012, 11:41 AM   #76
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
lol kkk brah you guys have a clue.
Just because the majority of situations where people cry warped are actually due to uneven pad material transfer doesn't mean that it's not possible to warp a brake rotor.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:48 AM   #77
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Just because the majority of situations where people cry warped are actually due to uneven pad material transfer doesn't mean that it's not possible to warp a brake rotor.
There are obvious exceptions...that is a given(there usually are in life), but it rarely happens and is often said to be the cause when its actually not.

Sadly most people are unaware of this and run around calling people gay on forums.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:11 PM   #78
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
There are obvious exceptions...that is a given(there usually are in life), but it rarely happens and is often said to be the cause when its actually not.

Sadly most people are unaware of this and run around calling people gay on forums.
Even if the percentage is really low there are so many cars on the road that chances are people who deal with cars for a living see it often enough. So just because it's never actually happened to you, or you've never actually seen a warped rotor, doesn't mean that the people who said they've seen it have no clue. Maybe they don't, but that's not for you to say. That being said I don't agree with the calling people names (i.e. gay, idiot, moron, etc.) just because you disagree with their opinion either. That kind of behaviour is juvenile.
Old 06-28-2012, 12:29 PM   #79
T.Dot_E30
Classifieds Moderator

It's a combination of both the pad and rotor, it also matter which car your talking about and the size of brakes.

If you are talking about E36 M3 brakes, then yes it's hard to warp a rotor, it's likely pad deposits. My experience:
E30: Hawk HPS and Brembo Blanks = No issues even after sitting for a season
E30: Hawk HPS and $10ea cheap rotors = Warpped them easily, it wasn't pad deposits..

Now slightly different experience with an E36 M3
Hawk HPS and Chinese Rotors ($25/ea), rotors don't warp but pad deposits caused a vibration if brake were not utilized enough(ie Hard Stops). After 1 day at the track, no more vibrations = pad deposits gone, cheap E36 M3 rotors didn't warp even at the track, compared to warped e30 rotors on the street.

Hawk HPS and Zimmermans and I have no issues with pad deposits anymore..... So was it the Hawk HPS pads not being quality? Or was it the rotor collecting more pad deposits? Who knows....

Last edited by T.Dot_E30; 06-28-2012 at 12:31 PM.
T.Dot_E30 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:14 PM   #80
e46driver
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by T.Dot_E30 View Post
It's a combination of both the pad and rotor, it also matter which car your talking about and the size of brakes.

If you are talking about E36 M3 brakes, then yes it's hard to warp a rotor, it's likely pad deposits. My experience:
E30: Hawk HPS and Brembo Blanks = No issues even after sitting for a season
E30: Hawk HPS and $10ea cheap rotors = Warpped them easily, it wasn't pad deposits..

Now slightly different experience with an E36 M3
Hawk HPS and Chinese Rotors ($25/ea), rotors don't warp but pad deposits caused a vibration if brake were not utilized enough(ie Hard Stops). After 1 day at the track, no more vibrations = pad deposits gone, cheap E36 M3 rotors didn't warp even at the track, compared to warped e30 rotors on the street.

Hawk HPS and Zimmermans and I have no issues with pad deposits anymore..... So was it the Hawk HPS pads not being quality? Or was it the rotor collecting more pad deposits? Who knows....
Maybe Rocco @ RMP Motors knows! From what I read here, he seems to know everything.... Nothing at all makes sense in this thread except the fact we have a repair diary. Definitely good for a lunch time read though.

Last edited by e46driver; 06-28-2012 at 03:20 PM.
e46driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2012, 03:58 PM   #81
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bullet Ride View Post
Even if the percentage is really low there are so many cars on the road that chances are people who deal with cars for a living see it often enough. So just because it's never actually happened to you, or you've never actually seen a warped rotor, doesn't mean that the people who said they've seen it have no clue. Maybe they don't, but that's not for you to say. That being said I don't agree with the calling people names (i.e. gay, idiot, moron, etc.) just because you disagree with their opinion either. That kind of behaviour is juvenile.
If you re read youll see I responded to others calling me a moron so I can gladly let them know they dont have a clue after the fact.

Here, Ive seen this before. Straight from stop-tech. But I guess cause its on the internet its not true?

http://www.stoptech.com/technical-su...nd-other-myths

The only problem I have had across a wide range of makes is running crappy pads which caused issues. As soon as I swapped out for quality pad the problem went away regardless of rotor.
Old 06-29-2012, 12:20 AM   #82
davericher20
black and blue

people will only take advantage of you if you let them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 07:27 AM   #83
Bullet Ride
Cars in Perpetual Repair

Quote:
If you re read youll see I responded to others calling me a moron so I can gladly let them know they dont have a clue after the fact.

Here, Ive seen this before. Straight from stop-tech. But I guess cause its on the internet its not true?

The only problem I have had across a wide range of makes is running crappy pads which caused issues. As soon as I swapped out for quality pad the problem went away regardless of rotor.
Yes, I've seen that article, and I agree with you that a lot of the time 'warped' rotors aren't actually warped. But that article makes a few assumptions....
Quote:

With one qualifier, presuming that the hub and wheel flange are flat and in good condition and that the wheel bolts or hat mounting hardware is in good condition, installed correctly and tightened uniformly and in the correct order to the recommended torque specification
I can imagine there are a lot of cars out there with one or more of those conditions not being met.
Old 06-29-2012, 08:03 AM   #84
BMWfan
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46driver View Post
Maybe Rocco @ RMP Motors knows! From what I read here, he seems to know everything.... Nothing at all makes sense in this thread except the fact we have a repair diary. Definitely good for a lunch time read though.
Please don't hijack this thread and change the topic to attack Rocco or any other decent mechanic. Don't assume things and don't base your arguments on "he seems." You shouldn't cast doubt on his shop's reputation if you don't have experience with dealing with him. If you do have bad experience(s) with him, or any other mechanic, then feel free to start a new topic stating what went wrong. The only reason I started this topic is that the mechanic I talked about made so many errors I doubt he knows what he is doing. Rocco is just a human and makes a mistake like any other human, but so far he has been doing a wonderful job. If you read the whole thread you will see another mechanics at Active Green + Ross gave the same diagnosis as Rocco. While the mechanic I talked about in this posting miss diagnosed almost every major problem my car had--and still attempted to repair it and charge me money!

And no, this posting is not a repair diary because that mechanic repaired almost nothing.
BMWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2012, 10:35 AM   #85
e46driver
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfan View Post
Please don't hijack this thread and change the topic to attack Rocco or any other decent mechanic. Don't assume things and don't base your arguments on "he seems." You shouldn't cast doubt on his shop's reputation if you don't have experience with dealing with him. If you do have bad experience(s) with him, or any other mechanic, then feel free to start a new topic stating what went wrong. The only reason I started this topic is that the mechanic I talked about made so many errors I doubt he knows what he is doing. Rocco is just a human and makes a mistake like any other human, but so far he has been doing a wonderful job. If you read the whole thread you will see another mechanics at Active Green + Ross gave the same diagnosis as Rocco. While the mechanic I talked about in this posting miss diagnosed almost every major problem my car had--and still attempted to repair it and charge me money!

And no, this posting is not a repair diary because that mechanic repaired almost nothing.
woaah, dont get soo defense man. It's not like I was "attacking" you...or was i?

Thanks for clarifying Rocco is human. It's not like I have glass bottle glasses and can't see. I didn't change the topic, because there is 3 pages of worse posts about what your saying I am doing. It's just those people are making you look stupid so you'd rather not get into it?

I don't know why I got singled out here when a lot of people said worse than I did. I never said anything about his reputation or anything, it seems like he knows a lot from what I see on the boards so maybe he'd know. What was your whole story for?

To be honest...I am not going to start a whole review thread on him, I've been there. My opinion is worth nothing if people don't know how competant of a person I am myself. After all, I could be a complete moron constantly going to the same mechanic who I claim is making mistakes and doesn't know what he is doing apparently, just to make notes to post later on at night on a forum to contrast him to another mechanic.

I really don't understand you, or your logic...but like your intentions, this is is a message board and I am stating my opinion and voicing myself. If you have a problem, then do not post your life story on your mechanic experiences if ou can't take people voicing what they have to say as well.

You're more than welcome to clarify this with anyone else such as your mechanic, the internet, wikipedia or whatever other sources of information you have and post your findings in this thread.

Last edited by e46driver; 06-29-2012 at 10:40 AM.
e46driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2012, 01:45 PM   #86
BMWfan
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by e46driver View Post
woaah, dont get soo defense man. It's not like I was "attacking" you...or was i?

Thanks for clarifying Rocco is human. It's not like I have glass bottle glasses and can't see. I didn't change the topic, because there is 3 pages of worse posts about what your saying I am doing. It's just those people are making you look stupid so you'd rather not get into it?

I don't know why I got singled out here when a lot of people said worse than I did. I never said anything about his reputation or anything, it seems like he knows a lot from what I see on the boards so maybe he'd know. What was your whole story for?

To be honest...I am not going to start a whole review thread on him, I've been there. My opinion is worth nothing if people don't know how competant of a person I am myself. After all, I could be a complete moron constantly going to the same mechanic who I claim is making mistakes and doesn't know what he is doing apparently, just to make notes to post later on at night on a forum to contrast him to another mechanic.

I really don't understand you, or your logic...but like your intentions, this is is a message board and I am stating my opinion and voicing myself. If you have a problem, then do not post your life story on your mechanic experiences if ou can't take people voicing what they have to say as well.

You're more than welcome to clarify this with anyone else such as your mechanic, the internet, wikipedia or whatever other sources of information you have and post your findings in this thread.
Sorry if you felt like being singled out. I replied to every posting that dealt with the topic (go back to the previous pages to see for yourself). The reason I haven't replied to the posts in the last couple of pages is that the users are discussing rotor warpage and I have no knowledge of the topic.

Sorry if I seemed a bit harsh with you, but there have been a lot of disrespectful replies on this thread. To be honest, I was very surprised because I had had higher opinion of the users of this forum. People can't seem to communicate their ideas without putting someone down. And when they don't have proof, or don't know how to argue their point, they resort to name calling.

Anyway, I defended Rocco just as I would defend myself, because people should not be attacked for no reason. I only wrote this topic about that bad mechanic after seeking a second and a third opinion and knew for sure he knew very little about cars. It's not an easy decision to write a bad review about one's business, but just like I don't want to hurt the mechanic's business I also don't want car owners to be ripped off by his lack of knowledge.

If he was a good mechanic, wouldn't I be praising him like I did initially? What personal motives do I have to signal out a random mechanic and write a bad review about him, if he didn't really mess up over and over again? People love to get praise when they do a good job, but don't like to be criticized when they do a bad job. But, isn't a review supposed to be an honest statement? I simply wrote about my experience with him and offered evidence of his so many misdiagnosis, and it's up to the car owners if they want to believe me or not, and if they want to take their cars to him or not. But why be disrespectful?

And no, I am not a complete moron who keeps going back to the same mechanic who constantly makes the same mistakes. I didn't know he was this bad until he changed the driver side drive shaft and that didn't solve the shimmy problem, and he suggested to change the passenger side drive shaft! And it wasn't until now that I got the opinion of two mechanics that the mediocre tires he recommended are more than likely the cause of the shimmy. And it wasn't until now that I found out the new rotors he installed are warped because of the worn out struts which he mentioned nothing about. And when he screwed up the engine shut down problem, I never went back to him. Also, like I said before: this is my first car and my first mechanic experience so I didn't know what to look for in a mechanic.
BMWfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2012, 02:41 PM   #87
Axxe
Over 9 F**KING THOUSAND!!

Quote:

That's why performing an "Italian Tune-up" is very important. If you use your brakes hard often and don't hold the pedal down after coming to a complete stop, then no deposits. Mine just started shaking gently again last week, one hard stop and gone. OEM pads are horrible for leaving deposits behind.

S52|ZF|TRM Coilovers 670/895|Staggered 18" 5's
Axxe is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: