Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-03-2010, 04:29 PM   #1
SY2767
1st Gear Newbie

E90 review in bimmer magazine!!!

I picked up the June issue of Bimmer magazine because its a 1999-2010 3 series buyers guide, i recently purchased a CPO 2006 325I and was interested in their thoughts regarding the E90. Much to my surprise they pretty much bashed the car, its more or less a throw away item after the warranty expires because of them being very problematic and fiscally unrepairable. Not what i was expecting to read in a magazine deticated to BMW's..........
SY2767 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 05:24 PM   #2
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

Take it with a grain of salt because the guy who wrote that owns a 20 year old BMW. Compared to his car, yes, a new BMW is expensive to repair. But so is a new Honda!
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:25 PM   #3
MarkD
Banned

We have had our 2007 e90 328i for just over 3 months and although it handles really well and accelerates the same as an e34 m5, I have a feeling it will be a nightmare once it is out of warranty. One problem with all these newer cars is that the parts are all optimised to only last a short time. Do you know how much an electric water pump costs on an e90? You would be surprised.

Today I got the car back after leaving it for some work yesterday. I took it in because about two weeks ago, I went outside on a Sunday afternoon and all the windows were down, and the sunroof was open. I had not done that.... so I made an appt. to have it checked out. I also mentioned that both the interior hvac fan and the radiator cooling fan had made some weird noises as if the bearings were going. They reprogrammed some module with new software and changed those two fans. All that would have cost around 2 grand if not covered by warranty.

So yes from what I've seen I'd say don't drive one after the warranty is done unless you have deeeeep pockets.

Today I pulled my 2002tii out of storage after not driving it since October 2002. At least when I start driving that I won't have to worry about expensive parts, just where to find any parts I may require!

--
URL: www.dsylva-tech.ca

Last edited by MarkD; 06-03-2010 at 07:49 PM.
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 02:02 PM   #4
ghd
1st Gear Newbie

Can you share a scan of that article?
I can also share some other ones.
ghd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 03:54 PM   #5
///M_AMAZIN
2nd Gear Member

^ +1

///M_AMAZIN is offline   Reply With Quote