Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 02-05-2012, 09:26 PM   #16
hawgripper
2nd Gear Member

I myself are in the midst of what you are doing and are looking very seriously at the Vogtland junior cup kits for around $450 us with a lifetime warranty unlike the OEM.

I can't forsee spending a grand or more for coilovers that can be adjusted 8 ways to sunday for a DD that might see a day or 2 for tracking. i myself don't have enough hours in the day to be playing the up and down softer and firmer game. For a track car I can see the need for the adjustability but not for a DD.

You really have to ask yourself whether you need that much adjustabilty.

just my thoughts.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:34 PM   #17
LVP
2nd Gear Member

Valid point. My car is now a dedicated track car, driven only to/from track. It still has great street manners though. When it was my DD, I did toss it around a lot, but the H&R/Bilstein combo was not even close to the TCKline. Adjustment at the track is quite easy to go to/from street settings.
LVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 11:10 PM   #18
Deo
2nd Gear Member

Thanks guys.

Yeah I'm still trying to weigh my options and see what I really need. Of course right now I don't really need all the advantages of the coilovers, but here's what i've been able to figure out so far. If I went with and H&R/Koni or Bilstein setup, with new bushings for just mounting these it would be around 1300-1400 plus taxes duty and shipping. I can get a set of TRM coilovers for 1650 plus taxes duty and shipping. To me it kind of seems like for a couple hundred more I get a MUCH better set up, if that's the case, why not? I know the TRM's are tailored specifically for the E36 and can be ordered with a set up sheet to set them up to exactly what your own needs are. Essentially getting my own custom kit for my car instead of an off the shelf combo for around the same price. To me, that seems like the best bang for my buck option.

As for TCK, the only thing that worries me is the price, they are 1700 plus camber plates, so over 2k at the end of the day. Where as TRM is just at 2k. Plus from what I read on BF.C in a thread someone mentioned they are right in league with AST 4100 I believe? So I believe that is above the Koni S/A kits from GC and TCK? Correct me if i'm wrong though.
Deo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 12:43 AM   #19
iverson03tj
5th Gear Member

I got koni yellows and apex springs it makes it a bit stiffer than stock and the ride comfort feels really good, and im running it on the soft setting, the stiffer setting is good for spirited driving
e36 328is - (m52)AA S/c'd, M50 Mani, 3.23 LSD, M3 Brakes, Zimmer rotors, hps pads, Racing Dynamic Strut Bar, Depos, m3 Bumper, Intake, Spal fan, poly RTABs, Eibach Swaybars, Koni yellow, Mishimoto Rad, Silicone hose, Alumi T-housing, Depo w/LED Angels, LED tails, 12' Alpine Type R, Suede head liner, LTW Low rise spoiler
PREVIOUS CARS
92' 325is (m52) - M3 conversion AA S/c'd
'97 Euro Estroil E36 M3 Vert (S50B32)
iverson03tj is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: