Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Platinum maXbimmer Sponsors > Bimmersport Automotive
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 11-03-2009, 08:16 PM   #1
djung87
1st Gear Newbie

VANOS Maintenance

First, let me say I have visited these guys quite a few times and I have not left disappointed once. Truly awesome service and competence.

I drive a BMW E46 M3 and I stumbled upon this and I realized I should do this for my M3. I wanted to ask if you guys provided this service?

http://www.m3forum.net/m3forum/showthread.php?t=225780

The O ring replacement and filter would you guys have these parts?

See you guys soon for inspection 2.
djung87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2009, 10:11 AM   #2
kevinzz
1st Gear Newbie

I am interested too!
kevinzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2009, 06:21 PM   #3
rmanaudio
3rd Gear Member

You guys are joking right? A monkey can change that filter. I think a oil change would be harder. You just need a 22mm...pull it out...get a niddle nose pliyer and pull the filter out, put new one in and install back...hard toque.

Changing the O-rings would be a little hard but not that bad either. The parts should be around $50 total at the dealership!

Real men work on their own cars! Save up money for when your SMG pump goes!
rmanaudio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
King Luis
The King.

Send a message via MSN to King Luis
Quote:
Originally Posted by rmanaudio View Post
You guys are joking right? A monkey can change that filter. I think a oil change would be harder. You just need a 22mm...pull it out...get a niddle nose pliyer and pull the filter out, put new one in and install back...hard toque.

Changing the O-rings would be a little hard but not that bad either. The parts should be around $50 total at the dealership!

Real men work on their own cars! Save up money for when your SMG pump goes!
take a breath and relax bud.
some people just don't like working on their own cars.

but the parts are around $60 depending on what you buy and what dealership.

Sold:2004 Silver Gray M3
Mods: Dice Unit, EAS Angel Eyes, Painted Reflectors, CSL Diffuser, Smoked Corners, PSS10s, 15mm Front and 10mm Rear Spacers.

Gone:1990 Brilliantrot 325is
Mods: Alpine speakers and HU, Euro Projectors, Magnaflow Muffler, Euro Smoked Tails and GC Coilovers.
King Luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2011, 08:58 PM   #5
ToccaTocca
Banned

[quote=rmanaudio;1364166]You guys are joking right? A monkey can change that filter. I think a oil change would be harder. /QUOTE]

LOL..

Now BS just needs a Monkey and then they would be set..\\
ToccaTocca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 03:41 PM   #6
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Does the S62 have that little filter?

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 04:11 PM   #7
Jon@Bimmersport
MaXsponsor

Terry,

Your car does not have a filter for service. Your M5 is an MY00 right? There is upgraded seals in the newer vanos units, that can be bought if you want to service your vanos, also modified gears from Dr. Vanos. Beisan may have something in store for you too.

ToccaTocca, not sure who you are (another new member...)..but sorry we are not hiring at the moment.

Authorized Ontario dealer for Active Autowerke|VF-Engineering|AFE|Bilstein Suspension|H&R Suspension|KW suspension|Brembo Brake Systems| Stoptech| - Call us for the best pricing please DO NOT PM in regards to pricing

Maintenance|Performance|Tuning & Forced Induction
Jon@Bimmersport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2011, 06:10 PM   #8
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon@Bimmersport View Post
Terry,

Your car does not have a filter for service. Your M5 is an MY00 right? There is upgraded seals in the newer vanos units, that can be bought if you want to service your vanos, also modified gears from Dr. Vanos. Beisan may have something in store for you too.

ToccaTocca, not sure who you are (another new member...)..but sorry we are not hiring at the moment.

Thanks for the tip John. Mine is a post March model 2000 and comes with the upgraded Vanos pressure system, not sure if that means it also comes with the newer seals?

I mean I am not having any problems whatsoever, but I figured as preventative maintenance, guess I don't need to worry about it.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:.
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
'91 Alfa Romer 164S- Red/Black/ Recaro interior
bmwm5lover is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: