Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 06-30-2011, 02:54 PM   #16
Bimmerized
In BMW We Trust!

Send a message via MSN to Bimmerized
Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
that all depends. Civics are dirt cheap if you look in the right places.

and you are right they dont compare. the civic a a million times better
I loathe 318s...but at least its only a beater! lol

It's a personal preference I guess, because I had civics, and now a 318...

I loathe civics as well ahahhaha a 2001 civic has more rust than my 93 318, and everybody, and I mean everybody has a civic...
Bimmerized is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 11:03 PM   #17
SiR
Vtec just kicked in

an e36 definitely has more rust problems overall...
but its a beater so who cares. also 2001 sucks wang. There are no redeeming qualities of the 318 motor.

everyone and I mean everyone has a 3 series ... both silly comparisons. its a beater so who cares. as long as it runs.
Old 08-07-2011, 06:06 PM   #18
5style
Hatters gon Hatt

Ok so as a 318 owner i will chime in. The m42 does NOT have fart can sound properties at all. If you install a fart can it still has a distinctive sound, bad, but still different.

As for me, I still have my stock exhaust with a hallow muffler. Benefits: no drone, deep idle burble, nice deep sound without being loud and obnoxious. No attention from cops.

With the windows up, the car is still quiet as there is no resonance or drone. Windows down , a pleasant sound which comes out on hard acceleration but is almost not there when you want to blend in.

Loss of power on low revs. There is a distinctly lower powerband when not revved up. That said I also have a intake, but now that the exhaust is free flowing for the most part, i lost some get up and go till about 3k. Then suddenly the car wakes up with a vengence.

MY opinion, do it. It will give you a nice subtle tone without the ricer sound or feel

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: