Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > Misc > Off-topic
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 4 votes, 3.25 average. Display Modes
Old 01-24-2009, 06:57 PM   #16
Dr. Flyview
Formerly Flav_cool

Send a message via MSN to Dr. Flyview

Hey guys,

I just finished reading the 12 page thread on bf.c about importing cars into Canada (parts of it were posted above)

If you read up to around page 10 or so you will see BMW Canada has finally relaxed it's money-grab anality.

You no longer require the BMW letter of admissability when crossing the border

You no longer require the letter of recall from BMW Canada. You can get it from a US dealer for free.

Of course, if you call BMW Canada, they will still say the recall letter is required from them for $500+tax (they may even say you need the admissability letter).

You will still have to make the modifications at BMW or maybe CDN tire I'm not sure about this and pass the 2 inspections, etc.

1998 BMW 328is - summer
1994 BMW 325i - daily
1992 BMW 325i - gone
1988 Mercedes Benz 190E 2.3-8V -
sold

Dr. Flyview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2009, 09:44 AM   #17
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

I imported my car from the states, man what a hassel, but it was worth it i guess. I was stuck in North Carolina for a week though cause our stupid TD banks didnt know how to make a simple wire transfer!

Anyways, i got a nice clean car with back up sensors which i never seen on a 330ci before... and it was a good experience, the drive home in a new car (16hrs) till the Alexandria bay crossing was really funnt, Virginia and Pennsylvania has amazing mountains!

I wouldnt reccommend doing this now since our dollar is worth nothing anymore, i did it when it was dead even...
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2009, 11:41 PM   #18
slemmer
Driving in the fast lane

The newswire say that we may be above par this week and through the holiday season. Start trolling autotrader dot com folks!

'04 645cic
'05 GMC Sierra SLT Z71 CCSB 4x4
'00 740i Sport
slemmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2009, 10:12 AM   #19
topaz330ci
Bang Boom

Quote:
Originally Posted by slemmer View Post
The newswire say that we may be above par this week and through the holiday season. Start trolling autotrader dot com folks!
100% true!

Prices are proper right now!
topaz330ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2010, 08:24 AM   #20
daytona
6th Gear Member

man the cost of Porsche 911 is amazing in the states...so are the BMW and Audis......
Old 06-04-2011, 08:01 AM   #21
DR.ZED
3rd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by summit425 View Post
I know USA cars are cheap compare to cars in Canada.

do you think it is worth it??

How much do you think I can save avg. (let's say $30000 CAD car)

I am thinking of buying an e46 from states and since I never bought such a big thing just want to know how does it process.

Will they help me to do the paper work when my car is crossing the boarder??
I recently started looking at this. I have a few friends that have purchased multiple cars over the years in the US and brought them over. I personally don't want to be involved in this process.

There is a company in St. Catherines that for $850 will do all the paperwork, goto the border, arrange recall letter and they even have dealer plates and can safety the car. Very professional and do up estimates before you get the car. They can even arrange shipping (~$500 from eastern seaboard down to mid states, approx ~1000 from FL and elsewhere).

Lets say for $2000 including shipping it takes a lot of headache away for me.

Saying that the extra money and 6% duty makes the cars nearly the same price. However you have the distinct advantage of cleaner southern cars and a LOT more choice.

If you want to get the best deal and its about saving money, be prepared to work and have a bit of frustration.
85 325e M5
07 Honda Shadow Spirit 750
DR.ZED is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: