Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

View Poll Results: How would you rate BMW customer service on a scale: 1 is awful and 10 is fantastic
1 to 2 2 6.45%
3 to 4 7 22.58%
5 to 6 4 12.90%
7 to 8 3 9.68%
9 to 10 15 48.39%
Voters: 31. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-18-2010, 10:43 AM   #76
sonny
6th Gear Member

BMW service in the GTA is terrible? No way!!!

I've owned BMW's in the USA and Australia and the service was excellent.. the GTA.. worst in the world. All of these technicians, service reps all have something up their ass or have been told by head office to **** around with your car so you keep coming back for more. Learned that lesson, went in for a brake job, came out with a "faulty" Xenon headlight. (With a little investigation, I noticed someone had undone the entire Xenon bracket/bulb)...I'm pretty sure you don't go near the headlight for a brake job and it worked perfectly fine before the service. Or headlight washer pumps and the next day my rear shock mount is screwed. I can almost guarantee they tinker with the car, they fix one thing, but pull the plug on something else. Especially when they know your warranty is finished.. This is not an exaggeration at all...

I gave up on BMW dealer service a long time ago. Stick with your local guys like Bimmersport..

And as for this sound you are talking about, I had the same issue in a 2001 325i, 2006 530 and even a 2007 X5.. they couldn't fix it..and we're talking about years of service,diagnostics, incompetence, rudeness, etc etc. you name it.. good for you for taking it to the top.. this "clicking" noise is not specific to the 3 series model he mentions here...it's very common across the board. BMWs have lost their build quality, cheap plastic interiors, noises and little rattling sounds going over every single bump, just a car that feels like it's falling apart. Aside from the new 7 and everything before 2002, it's all lame. Finally got my hands on a Benz and the drive experience was incredible. Solid. Don't get me wrong, I love BMW, just a shame to see how they have gone downhill and we've been using BMW's for over 20 years now.. what a shame..

Even the new Audi line up, sit in a new Audi a5, the interior kills BMW in every single way and even the driving experience, amazing and refreshing actually.

And I disagree with a few earlier comments, never had a single service issue with Mercedes. They get it done.

I still love the E46 so go easy on me, I'm not hating BMW.. just disappointed.. and there should be a ZERO on that poll above.

Last edited by sonny; 09-18-2010 at 10:57 AM.
sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:04 AM   #77
mstearnsy
3rd Gear Member

I'd argue that your issues are GTA related, not BMW related. When I visit Toronto I get lousy service, in restaurants, shops, etc. People seem to have a bad attitude there. Come back to the real world and you'll be surprised how enjoyable your life and purchases will be!
mstearnsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2010, 11:24 AM   #78
sonny
6th Gear Member

M issue is with most BMW service at dealerships in and around the GTA yes. And I've been to most of them to try and fix problems with these cars and I would 90% of the time, issues are never resolved.

In terms of BMW related, my build quality opinion I still stand firm.

Last edited by sonny; 09-18-2010 at 11:26 AM.
sonny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #79
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

I'm glad you posted this!!!! I have the EXACT same problem and it has been driving me nuts. It only happens at low speeds - 20km/h~40km/h

I thought it was a window not closed proper so I opened and then closed it with no luck. Going to tackle this next weekend.

Car: 2007 E90
Old 09-20-2010, 10:10 AM   #80
damameke
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim .E. View Post
I'm glad you posted this!!!! I have the EXACT same problem and it has been driving me nuts. It only happens at low speeds - 20km/h~40km/h

I thought it was a window not closed proper so I opened and then closed it with no luck. Going to tackle this next weekend.

Car: 2007 E90
2007 should still be under warranty.. isnt it?

show the BMW tech the TSB and get it fix under warranty.. ..
damameke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2010, 10:22 AM   #81
Ceeker
Parts hoarding partner...

the bottom line: they get paid flat rate. If they can't fix it right the first time....they don't fix it..(Grin) tech's lose money and this is why you got the BS from management, service etc. They don't want to admit spending time on YOUR car is costing them money because they could be fixing someone else's and be making ALOT MORE $$$$$. I'm sure the dealership is going to get heat for that problem from office. I would follow up and demand an apology from the dealer owner in writing for being an #$%#$%#$#%$.

I think I've had 14 bmw's in 4 years.
2 IX's -sold and parts
2 325i 4 dr - sold
4 318is all white - sold and parts
1 87 325is red - parts
1 89 325i vert grey - parts
1 90 325is white - keepin
1 87 325i vert -red - keepin
latest addition 1 88-325is red - parts
latest addition 1 89-325i vert - white -fixin/sold
latest addition 1 92-318i vert - blue - parts
latest addition 1 87 325is blk - parts.

latest addition as of 2013-Gold 87-325is auto! it's a keeper!
Ceeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2010, 08:35 PM   #82
Jim .E.
E90 n00b

Quote:
Originally Posted by damameke View Post
2007 should still be under warranty.. isnt it?

show the BMW tech the TSB and get it fix under warranty.. ..
it is, until 2013...good idea
Old 09-22-2010, 12:13 PM   #83
maranellobmw
MaXsponsor

OK I CANT BELIEVE I JUST READ EACH POST ON HERE IT WAS TURNING INTO A SOAP OPERA EPISODE.

IM NOT HERE TO SAY WHO WAS AT FAULT HERE OR WHO WAS RIGHT OR WRONG.

BUT IVE NOTICED THIS WITH DEALERSHIPS (YES DEALERSHIPS....SO THAT MEANS EVERY SINGLE DEALERSHIP IN THE WORLD!!!...LOL)

EVERY DEALERSHIP HAS ITS GOOD SERVICE ADVISORS AND BAD SERVICE ADVISORS. THEY ARE THE GUYS THAT WILL IN MOST CASES JUST COMUNICATE WITH YOU WHILE YOU SERVICE YOUR VEHICLE.

SEEMS THAT IF YOU GET A CRAPPY ATTITUDE FROM A SERVICE ADVISOR, YOU WIL DAMN THE ENTIRE DEALERSHIP INTO HELL!!!

AND WHEN YOU GET GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE THE ENTIRE DEALERSHIP IS THE BEST DEALERSHIP EVER!!! (LIKE MINE ....LOL )

EVERY DEALERSHIP/SHOP HAS ITS BAD APPLES IN SERVICE, SALES, PARTS ETC.....BUT REMEMBER THIS , EVERY DEALERSHIP/SHOP/RETAIL OUTLET WILL ALSO HAVE EMPLOYEES THAT WILL GO THE EXTRA MILE/BEND OVER BACKWARDS/GIVE YOU THAT SERVICE WITH A SMILE THAT YOU DESERVE.

NO ONE IN LIFE IS PERFECT WE ARE UNABLE TO CONTROL THAT. BUT WE ARE ABLE TO CONTROL HOW TALK TO PEOPLE, HOW RUDE OR HOW KIND WE ARE.

SEE YA GUYS N GALZ

*************WE SELL ONLY 100% GENUINE BMW PARTS*********
WITH MY PRICES AND A 2 YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL PARTS, WHY WOULD YOU PURCHASE ANYWHERE ELSE!!!
******************************KEEP YOUR BMW, BMW!************************************
*COMPARED TO OTHER CANADIAN BMW RETAILERS

Monday - Thurs ** 8:00 - 5:30
Friday **** 8:00 - 4:30
Sat ****** pre paid parts avail for pick up from 8:00-4:00

Christina Crichlow
MaranelloBMW
T-416.213.5699 ext 8054
F-905.856.6373
maranellobmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2010, 04:30 PM   #84
davericher20
black and blue

^^^^stop SHOUTING!!!!!!!!!!

My volume was up high and you woke the neighbours

Quote:
Originally Posted by JINT View Post
Some people have serious track experience from the cruise, so what is fast to you, isn't fast to them.
davericher20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 AM   #85
maranellobmw
MaXsponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by davericher20 View Post
^^^^stop SHOUTING!!!!!!!!!!

My volume was up high and you woke the neighbours

WELL I JUST WANTED TO KEEP IT "ON TOPIC" WITH THE "ANNOYING NOISE"

I FIGURED ME SCREAMING WOULD FIT THE PART PERFECTLY....LOL

SORRY I KEEP SWITCHING BACK FROM MAX.COM TO MY WORK SCREENS AND I NEED TO USE MY CAPS AT WORK......SO I JUS KEEP IN ON SOWWY

*************WE SELL ONLY 100% GENUINE BMW PARTS*********
WITH MY PRICES AND A 2 YEAR WARRANTY ON ALL PARTS, WHY WOULD YOU PURCHASE ANYWHERE ELSE!!!
******************************KEEP YOUR BMW, BMW!************************************
*COMPARED TO OTHER CANADIAN BMW RETAILERS

Monday - Thurs ** 8:00 - 5:30
Friday **** 8:00 - 4:30
Sat ****** pre paid parts avail for pick up from 8:00-4:00

Christina Crichlow
MaranelloBMW
T-416.213.5699 ext 8054
F-905.856.6373
maranellobmw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:46 PM   #86
BMWpeg
1st Gear Newbie

Field Report Not Accessible

I am unable to download the BMW Field Report report from PissedCustom's original post. Does anyone have a copy of it that could be reposted? I am incurring the same problem and my local dealership has told me twice that they don't notice the sound.

Last edited by BMWpeg; 12-17-2010 at 02:49 PM.
BMWpeg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:57 PM   #87
MarkD
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by maranellobmw View Post
WELL I JUST WANTED TO KEEP IT "ON TOPIC" WITH THE "ANNOYING NOISE"

I FIGURED ME SCREAMING WOULD FIT THE PART PERFECTLY....LOL

SORRY I KEEP SWITCHING BACK FROM MAX.COM TO MY WORK SCREENS AND I NEED TO USE MY CAPS AT WORK......SO I JUS KEEP IN ON SOWWY
I just came to this page now and it blew out computer speakers!
MarkD is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
328, click, customer service, e90, noise in rear

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: