Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 12-14-2010, 12:39 AM   #31
SickFinga

Amazing ride. Was it imported from Japan?
SickFinga is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 02:20 AM   #32
PaulG
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks! Yeah, I got it 2 years ago from Japan. Unfortunately it took almost 2.5 months to make it to my door...
PaulG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:18 AM   #33
bmwm5lover
is BMW crazy

Stunning, the colour suits it really well too. What does something like that cost if you don't mind me asking? |I DREAM of importing an Alpina from Japan Germany.

His--'00 BMW ///M5 .:Jet BLK/BLK:. Individual-1 of 1 - Style 65 Wheels; 9.5" Square Set up;275 Tires;10mm/3mm Spacers; Black Kidneys;Muffler Delete; 3.5" Dual Tips; Beast Power; "Dinan" Ducts; E60 SSK; BC Coils
Hers--'04 Volvo S60R/6spd.:Nautical Blue/Gobi&Black
'00 BMW ///M5 .:Avus Blue/Grey/Black:. 1 of 8 SOLD
Toys
'88 BMW 635CSi Blue/Tan Sport
'81 MB 500 SEC Euro Koenig
bmwm5lover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2010, 11:41 AM   #34
PaulG
1st Gear Newbie

Thanks! I was kind of hoping for an Alpina blue, but I think I like this green more. Germany and Japan are the best sources to find Alpinas. The advantage of buying it in Japan is that you can get one with low kms (and probably didn't average 200 km/h haha). Probably the best german site is mobile.de
There I found one similar to mine for 25000 euro. Mine's a '90 and right now I'm at about 103k. The one in Germany is an '89 with 150k and it's the long version. Sadly, that one is missing the Alpina front spoiler, steering wheel and rear badges (smells like a F/R collision).
I haven't really added my amounts, but I can estimate the shipping/taxes/etc to be around 5k. Depending on the condition of the car, plus how much you want to invest in parts, I think 15k may just be feasible. I know there were e34 B10 (some Bi-turbo) as well. Another thing is the age. For newer ones (e38) the import taxes could be significantly higher, as well as they will require all that jazz about daylight running lights / the annoying beeper to warn you when the door is open etc.
PaulG is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: