Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > maXimum Tech > 3 Series > E36 (1991 - 1999)
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Old 10-05-2009, 09:41 AM   #1
cormier
6th Gear Member

DME question

Hey all,

Ive searched far and wide for this info -- wondering if someone can help me out

Preparing for my S52 swap, got a hold of a Siemens DME with the engine... I can only find info on the Bosch DMEs though. Anyoneknow if the Harness differs at all between the two brands? Whats the actual difference between the Siemens/Bosch models and what cars did each come in?

I found a few places that listed late 90s as the switch over-point from Bosch to Siemens -- Just want to make sure that this DME will work with my S52 engine

Any help would be hot -- thanks!

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2009, 09:58 AM   #2
ScotcH
6th Gear Member

Well, I assume you're stuffing this into your e30? If so, you need to get an OBDI harness and computer (which means Bosch 413 or 506). The Siemens is OBDII, so no good for you. The engine wiring harness is different, so you need that as well (and 325 or 95 M3 harness will do). You will also need the crank sensor, cam sensor, and knock sensors from OBDI engine.
Old 10-05-2009, 01:31 PM   #3
cormier
6th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScotcH View Post
Well, I assume you're stuffing this into your e30? If so, you need to get an OBDI harness and computer (which means Bosch 413 or 506). The Siemens is OBDII, so no good for you. The engine wiring harness is different, so you need that as well (and 325 or 95 M3 harness will do). You will also need the crank sensor, cam sensor, and knock sensors from OBDI engine.
Whats wrong with just dropping an OBD II swap in? I already have OBD II harness and sensors, only issue would be EWS...I got the M50 manifold anyways which from what I hear is the majority of the benefit from running OBD I. But I believe you answered my original question anyways , If Im running OBDII, Siemens DME will work fine with the EWS disabled.

Now are the software tunes the same between Bosch and Siemens?

cormier is online now   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: