Click to go to Forum Home Click to go to maXbimmer Home

Go Back   maXbimmer Forums > General > General Discussion
User Name
Password

Welcome to Maxbimmer.com!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 17 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 09-21-2006, 12:36 PM   #1
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

BMW in an old vacant CITATION dealership.

Kind of an odd question but it has been bothering me for years so I though i would toss it out on this forum and see if i can get any decent answers.

I used to live in oakville and on royal windsor drive just off of the QEW there is an old car dealership that is vacant accept called CITATION which i believe used to sell BMW's before they had a dealer network. Anyways, I had lived here for 15 years and never once seen any of the 3 cars move there are 2x3 series i believe on is a 4 door the other a coupe and on 6 series in between them. I think the back of the place has been rented out to machanics at times but nothing more.

I know quite a few people on this site work in many different industries including the auto industry and just seeing if anyone knows anything about these cars or if any enthuiests would know anything about them. needless to say these cars have struck my interest and i'm not actually sure if i'm more intersted in buying one or if i just really want to know why the hell these cars are still kept underglass for so many years in what looks to be an dealership in recievership from the mid 1980's
hotwheels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:41 PM   #2
MANDD
Autobahn East

That was the BMW (citation motors) dealer before they moved to Toronto aka Downtown BMW which closed down in 2002.

Mark.
MANDD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 12:48 PM   #3
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MANDD
That was the BMW (citation motors) dealer before they moved to Toronto aka Downtown BMW which closed down in 2002.

Mark.
Interesting, mmmm still makes little sence why those cars are still in the showroom after all of these years.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #4
WhadUpp
BIG BIG WHEELS

I believe there was a thread a few years ago on Max about this ghost dealership with the cars in it.

Can you tell me the exact location? Is it off Royal Windsor or on it? Also are the 3 series brandnew e36's?

Thanks

Last edited by WhadUpp; 09-21-2006 at 01:03 PM.
WhadUpp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 01:03 PM   #5
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhadUpp
I believe there was a thread a few years ago on Max about this ghost dealership with the cars in it.

Can you tell me the exact location? Is it off Royal Windsor or on it?

Thanks
Its on it between ford drive and erin mills parkway ( across the stree from glenleven chrysler)
Old 09-21-2006, 01:07 PM   #6
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels
Its on it between ford drive and erin mills parkway ( across the stree from glenleven chrysler)
correction winstonchurchill not erin mills.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:27 PM   #7
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhadUpp

Can you tell me the exact location? Is it off Royal Windsor or on it? Also are the 3 series brandnew e36's?

Thanks
sorry didnt catch that last part of your post till now. to the best of my knowldge these cars are new unfortunately you cant really see the numbers on the back to know exactly what model you are looking at. If you go up to the dealership and look inside its a blast from the past. funny enough is when you look in though the window you can see all the dirt and where other people have left marks from clearing away the dust to look in at these cars. its evident to me that others know about these cars and are doing the same thing.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:00 PM   #8
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

has anyone in the oakville mississauga area also noticed this dealership. i know quite a few people in my local area that are interested in these vehicles and their history. it would be neet to be able to get a 1985 6 series with a clean title in 2006.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:01 PM   #9
paul christians
87325is///MR.EVIL

I think that place is owed by the same guy,aka Downtown BMW,and for the cars are his own...
Old 09-21-2006, 01:05 PM   #10
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by paul christians
I think that place is owed by the same guy,aka Downtown BMW,and for the cars are his own...
very interesting cause the cars have a pile of dust on them and never move, i mean by now they would need a ton of maintence to get them back on the road all rubber parts and such would all have to be replaced.

but why would the guy keep to two 3 series. i mean i can understand the 6 but the 3's i cant understand.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:35 PM   #11
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

i can try to get some pics of the place next time i'm by that way. mmm maybe it would be lucrative to talk to the place right beside it. i think its a garden center or somthing but because of the nature of the business they would probably be outside and observe what is going on. mm its a possibility i suppose.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:48 PM   #12
///M-TRD3
Modeldater

Yeha im from Oakville, and ive been out there an looked at those cars too, I thought I remember him having a E28 5 series in there tho.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:52 PM   #13
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M-TRD3
Yeha im from Oakville, and ive been out there an looked at those cars too, I thought I remember him having a E28 5 series in there tho.
not to the best of my knowldge but you could be right. all i know is that the 6 in the middle is sitting there like the crown jewl. as far as there being a 5 i didnt think so but i could be wrong.
Old 09-21-2006, 03:18 PM   #14
Mitch555
Retired MaXmember!

I used to work at Glenleven Chrysler for a few months detailing cars until I got sick of the people working there.

Anywhooz... I know which one you are talking bout... it is right across Glenleven. I was also wondering what's up with that place as the cars never move, and haven't moved in the last few years.

MY ENGINE SWAP: HERE!

Life Is A Tough Teacher, It Gives You The Test Then The Lesson.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystikal
just do it once, do it right.
Mitch555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2006, 04:33 PM   #15
hotwheels
1st Gear Newbie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mitch555
I used to work at Glenleven Chrysler for a few months detailing cars until I got sick of the people working there.

Anywhooz... I know which one you are talking bout... it is right across Glenleven. I was also wondering what's up with that place as the cars never move, and haven't moved in the last few years.
i was wondering did anyone at glenleven know anything about the place? and did you ever see anyone over there. cause at times i have seen cars around the back in what looks to be the old service area but i have never ever seen anything go on in the older showroom area. there arnt even any foot or finger prints on the floor or finger prints on the cars. ( you can tell cause there is a cement plant near by that causes there to be alot of dust particals in the air)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: