View Single Post
Old 12-26-2012, 12:14 PM   #32
GeMc
2nd Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Something View Post
Hi everyone,

Thanks a lot for some excellent replies!

As I start to dig deeper I realize that I might not want to be as picky about the colour (although I would love it in black). Also, with me not being such a good driver (no accidents thank god, but no where near to be a pro!) I would like an AWD rather then a RWD. 2010 is the lowest I'll go I think... also needs to be under 45k KM. This will be my daily driver, and I will use it in winter. all I'm planning to do to it is add tints, if it already has it well then... I'm all set
Dude, don't bother with an AWD... you don't it. The 2WD versions all have a very sophisticated traction/stability program that will not let you get bent out of shape (too badly).. at least not any more than you'll experience in an unexpected situation (AWD or not). Plus, consider that for the other 45 weeks during the year that aren't covered in snow/slush/ice.. you've got to power 2 additional wheels and consume more gas (not to mention the added unspring weight of the AWD system suffering steering-feel). 2WD & a good set of snow tires will keep you safe.

German Mechanics
2530 Speers Rd #5
Oakville, ON Canada
(905) 286-4362
Mon-Fri 9am - 5pm

www.GermanMechanics.ca