View Single Post
Old 12-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #7
AZ_E36
MOPAR M1.5

Ill give some REAL advice. Unless you got DEEP pockets. Dont buy a newer BMW.... E36/E46 are the cheapest and CAKE to work on. parts are everywhere. And if you cant work on a car with your own two hands, keep your corolla. A BMW is good for rich jerks who can afford the 7 quart ful syn oil changes done by the dealer every 3 months (it costs $150 at Mercedes Benz.....), expensive tires (the dealer recommends expensive crap all the time...), EXPENSIVE PARTS!... the dealer will BEND YOU OVER! or for people who work on cars. its a car guys car.

BMWs are just unreasonable for anyone near a budget who cant/wont do their own work.

I bought a radiator, SPAL fan, fan clutch, Waterpump, thermostat, fan shroud, coolant over flow, and radiator hoses for my E36 for a bit under $150, and did the work myself. call the dealer and ask how much for just the radiator for a 2010 335i is.

I always scavenge for BMW stuff for my car. I couldnt afford it any other way.

Even the E46. My buddy has his, and he needed a radiator for his, and its $135 for a brand new OEM one from AutoHaus.

Not tryin to be a jerk, just trying to be honest. I would hate for you to buy a new BMW and then not be able to afford it, and then you will hate BMW from then on. its VERY pricey. its hard to stay ontop of everything....

Last edited by AZ_E36; 12-24-2012 at 05:53 AM.