View Single Post
Old 06-09-2012, 03:49 PM   #170
Steve30
Techno Viking

I can already tell you its well worth it, at least in my opinion. Many others seem to agree as well as this swap is becoming a lot more common. Mike took me for a ride in his car a couple years ago and immediately sold me on the swap. I agree there are plenty of other ways to get better hp/$ like boosting the s52 for one. This swap isn't for someone who's looking to be the fastest out there (a bit of a catch 22 anyways). I did it because of the engineering that went into this engine, its reliability, the intoxicating sound it makes and of course those 6 throttle bodies

I'm going to drive it for a bit and see how the 3.23 rear end works out. If it doesn't satisfy me I'll be looking to get a 3.38 LSD or build something custom from diffsonline. A 3rd option may just be to add the 6 speed along with the 3.91.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SiR View Post
is that stanceworks?

congrats

Really going to be interested in your opinion on the swap when done. On the face of it Id say its totally not worth the effort(not enough hp/$) but there is a lot to say about 3xx hp and a balanced car... instead of trying to maximize hp/$. Im still not sure what I want to do. lol

E36 ///M3 S54
E30 325 Project
Steve30 is online now   Reply With Quote