View Single Post
Old 05-02-2012, 07:53 PM   #31
SubDad
2nd Gear Member

Green pictures and iS?

Pictures for Ivan attached.
Richie s999: The black car? The PO put unpainted fenders on what I think of as the red car and as far as I can tell the front lip is intact?

The trailing arms and front struts from the red car are festering rust blobs. I was going to replace them this year.
I'll give them a decent burial.

The Green had a slight smack on the front left, enough to break the lip that curls under the dam and wrinkle the fender enough to crack the paint but not the primer. If it's that lip (see the picture of the front right) you have, then Yes Please! I hear you can't get them in Canada. Could that be true?

TheTwin and Everlast: I have the Bentley manual in print and it's getting covered in thumbtracks, but it doesn't really cover a Eurospec 320. Subject to *this weekend - GD it I'm gonna get to work on this car* it seems to figure out the ignition and fuel in a Eurospec car you have to read both the 318 and 325e sections of Bentley. If I had a 1987 it'd be easier. I also have the factory 1987 manuals on .pdf, and a Russian language factory .pdf that isn't as useful as it would be if I could read Russian.
This car is an oddball from a North American perspective, see the distributor picture. As far as I know, and I grant you that compared to most everybody on this site I don't know anything, all NA distributors run off the cam, not out of the block. And I don't recall seeing the Telefunken ignition. Do 318s have Telefunken ignition?

Infinite Dice: Fair question, no probs, and one that hadn't really occured to me. The VIN comes up as 325i on RealOEM and maybe it seems to sit high because most E30s have been lowered by now? The single exhaust is a cheap Spiffy Muffler unit screwed to the rear frame with #12 sheet metal screws. There's a (snort) 2 into 1 connection just aft of the cat, made with the sort of welding that I'd be ashamed of and I'm the world's second-worst welder.
It has the full-leather bondage interior, the 3-spoke wheel, colour shift knob, electric everything OBC etc. I think it's a 325iS? The left rear swing out window has the wrong trim shade because it came off a junker, that window was missing when I bought the car.
Also, I took it out for a hoon this evening. The fancy seats are a fine thing for corners.
I'll keep calling it a 325iS and stand quite willing to be corrected, preferably over beers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Green front left.JPG (157.3 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Green interior.JPG (174.5 KB, 64 views)
File Type: jpg Green rear right.JPG (166.8 KB, 67 views)
File Type: jpg Green engine.JPG (181.8 KB, 65 views)
File Type: jpg Something you don't see everyday Distributor.JPG (190.4 KB, 66 views)
File Type: jpg Green front right2.JPG (179.7 KB, 65 views)
SubDad is offline   Reply With Quote