View Single Post
Old 02-01-2012, 09:04 AM   #123
op sucks cock
propr'one's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2004
Location: T.
Posts: 17,883
Send a message via MSN to propr'one
The Americans do not care about the title. They are just verifying that the vehicle is legal for export. Doesn't matter who's name the title is in, just make sure you have the bill of sale. In most states you can DRIVE on a bill of sale. (Meaning, you can legally drive a vehicle on the road for 25 days with your only licensing document being a bill of sale made out to you and insurance. Some states let you do this a-la steve jobs with no paper plates). Check with the state you are buying from.

The "TITLE" at the canadian side is something completely different. the RIV form 1 you fill out at the border IS YOUR TITLE until you take it to the MTO and they give you the green title you are used to.

The only thing i'm not 100% on is signing the old title, but call CBSA and ask.

The canadians do not need any advance warning that you are importing a car. Most RIV offices work round the clock. Remember the US export office closes at 4:30 in most places on most days. Try to avoid having to do 90mph throughout most of NY state to make it on time. (we made it though)
I run a canadian led kit & hid kit company, if you have any questions about led headlights or hid kits in canada or would like to check out our products please contact me here:

Hot: 2001 Estoril M RoadsterZCP 19's michelin PSS, ZHP knob, JL 8W3
Cold: 2002 TiAg M3 6mt deoranged, dechromed, led tails, ZHP knob, UUC SS v3, GROM, OEM 18's w310's,
Fun: 2006 YZF-R6, black, ohlins, pazzo, BMC, cat delete, vance hines csone, YEC racing tune,-1 +2
propr'one is offline   Reply With Quote