maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   5 series (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Interesting F10 Front Bumper for E39 (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155855)

JayFinesse 02-16-2013 04:14 PM

Interesting F10 Front Bumper for E39

1 Attachment(s)
Minus the Gotti color scheme this bumper looks pretty good and tasteful. Could be a nice alternate to the M bumpers that everybody in my area is sporting. Anyone know where I could buy this?

bmwm5lover 02-16-2013 07:35 PM

I will drive to Mississauga and burn your car down if you do it.

Eurostyle 02-16-2013 08:29 PM

2 words; HELLLLLL NO. *th-up*

kapetajr 02-16-2013 10:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwm5lover (Post 1598532)
I will drive to Mississauga and burn your car down if you do it.

I will pitch in for your gas. And Ewwww, that bumper looks like part of a catfish

JayFinesse 02-18-2013 01:22 AM

It's just hard to stand out in my area. Every Tom, Dick (bmwM5Lover), and Harry has the M bumpers. I think if the bumper were one solid colour, ditched the led's, eyelids, hood, and stickers it would look like an F10 since the E39 is somewhat mirrored in the F10...

Just some food for thought. BTW burning the car down was a little extreme chief...

Eurostyle 02-18-2013 02:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayFinesse (Post 1598646)
It's just hard to stand out in my area. Every Tom, Dick (bmwM5Lover), and Harry has the M bumpers. I think if the bumper were one solid colour, ditched the led's, eyelids, hood, and stickers it would look like an F10 since the E39 is somewhat mirrored in the F10...

Just some food for thought. BTW burning the car down was a little extreme chief...

It all depends what you want to "stand out" from, and what crowd you want to be noticed by! If you are going for "Yo bro, sick car, is it an M5??", than this bumper would do it; will fit right in with the ricers. If you are going for something more like "Nice clean E39, what year is it?", this wont do it.

Even tho many people have the M bumpers, doest take much AT ALL to make the car stand out. Tons of lip options, a milion rims setups, and the list goes on. This is before we even start considering colors and interiors. If you want something to stand out, find a rare car! (OR build it!). E39's are SO popular you can find almost anything you want, and well priced. Only the sky and your tast is the limit. *wave*

JayFinesse 02-18-2013 03:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurostyle (Post 1598660)
It all depends what you want to "stand out" from, and what crowd you want to be noticed by! If you are going for "Yo bro, sick car, is it an M5??", than this bumper would do it; will fit right in with the ricers. If you are going for something more like "Nice clean E39, what year is it?", this wont do it.

Even tho many people have the M bumpers, doest take much AT ALL to make the car stand out. Tons of lip options, a milion rims setups, and the list goes on. This is before we even start considering colors and interiors. If you want something to stand out, find a rare car! (OR build it!). E39's are SO popular you can find almost anything you want, and well priced. Only the sky and your tast is the limit. *wave*

I didn't even consider interior. That's actually a pretty good suggestion. Thanks Phil*th-up*

bmwm5lover 02-19-2013 12:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayFinesse (Post 1598646)
It's just hard to stand out in my area. Every Tom, Dick (bmwM5Lover), and Harry has the M bumpers.

hahaha, nice.

You know what, you are right, I will remove my OEM M bumpers, that were designed specifically by BMW for the 5 series, and replace it with something that is bulkier and has totally conflicting lines, just so I can be "unique".

Ya, that's what I am going to do.:huh?:

JayFinesse 02-19-2013 02:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwm5lover (Post 1598781)
hahaha, nice.

You know what, you are right, I will remove my OEM M bumpers, that were designed specifically by BMW for the 5 series, and replace it with something that is bulkier and has totally conflicting lines, just so I can be "unique".

Ya, that's what I am going to do.:huh?:

I never once suggested that people with the M bumpers should remove them. That's almost as stagnant as your argument suggesting all bumper options for an E39 should be M bumpers fcplm. I'm just saying there needs to be more clean bumper options for E39's.

Anyways do what you please *wave*

bmwm5lover 02-19-2013 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayFinesse (Post 1598795)
I never once suggested that people with the M bumpers should remove them. That's almost as stagnant as your argument suggesting all bumper options for an E39 should be M bumpers fcplm. I'm just saying there needs to be more clean bumper options for E39's.

Anyways do what you please *wave*

I am not suggesting all options should be M bumpers. In fact there are some aftermarket lips (alpina, hamman) that are available and look quite good on the non M bumpers. What I am saying is that cross breeding bumpers between platforms hardly ever looks good and more specifically, the F10 bumper, which is much bulkier and rounder does not belong on an e39 .

EMPOWERD 02-19-2013 05:31 PM

Don't think the smooth, rounded lines of the F10 bumper match the square look of the E39 chassis. Don't like it. The black lines on the car pictured sure help it though. Kinda like when they were making E46 M3 bumpers for the E30.

JayFinesse 02-19-2013 07:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bmwm5lover (Post 1598893)
I am not suggesting all options should be M bumpers. In fact there are some aftermarket lips (alpina, hamman) that are available and look quite good on the non M bumpers. What I am saying is that cross breeding bumpers between platforms hardly ever looks good and more specifically, the F10 bumper, which is much bulkier and rounder does not belong on an e39 .

There yah go! You finally commented like a normal person! You provided your opinion without threatening to set fire to my car and offered some good options. Proud of you buddy. *th-up*