Suspension gurus come one come all
Ive got the grasp on doing the shocks and struts on my 328i from all the diy stuff on this site, which is amazing to say the least. Thank you everyone
Heres my situation - the car currently has Bilstein PSS coilovers on it. I have no idea what condition the parts are in that connect to the body etc so im looking to buy a few things from scratch. So...
My set up going in is Koni STR.T with an Eibach Pro Kit and heres the questions
- The Konis did not come with bump stops - Which bump stops Should I buy? just go to the dealer? or I need ones that work with that specific shock?
- Do I need new frount strut mounts (guide support) or are they just reusable or is it better to just have new for a better ride?
I dont plan on changing anything else really, but here is a current parts list of whats going in - Please elaborate or let me know what else is needed/recommended
- Koni STR.T shocks and struts
- Eibach Pro kit springs
- 8mm collar locking nut x 10
- dust protection collar for strut mount x 2
- rear shock to control arm bolt x 2
- bolt/washer - front strut to steering knuckle x 4
- spring pad x 2
- spring pad 3mm x 2
- spring pad x 2
- spacer plate for shock mount x 2
- shock mount gasket - shock mount to body x 2
- protection boot for shock absorber x 2
- protection boot for strut shock absorber x 2
- Rear shock mount reinforcement plates x 2
- Front reinforcement plates w gasket x 2
** need bump stops - not sure or which option to get
Is this an accurate list? Is it necessary? overkill?
What else should I replace while Im in the process?
The car is a daily driver and isnt auto x'd or tracked
Thanks in advance
Strut mounts depend on condition. Have a good look at yours. The bearings and rubber can go over time. There are many aftermarket ones available, but if you're just DDing OEM is probably fine
Have a look at your other suspension bushings in case they're worn -- could be an easy fix while you're there. Check tie rods, ball joints, control arm bushings...
You're welding in reinforcement plates? Are you doing all this on your own?
My rear shocks are blown. the ride is rediculous and bounces all over the place. Just want the simple DD ride. The car is basically just being put back to stock
There are two versions Im seeing from real oem - I can get the sport bumpstops or the regular standard bumpstops
Not welding in the plates - just the regular Z3 rear mounts in the trunk
Doing all this on my own. (should be interesting lol)
|All times are GMT -4. The time now is 05:20 PM.|
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2016, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2015