maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Forum Suggestions, and Questions (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25)
-   -   Mods -- More FS thread grief (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154907)

cormier 12-16-2012 08:48 AM

Mods -- More FS thread grief

Hey guys.

I really think the FS advertising in the tech sections has to stop. Regardless if its supporting vendors or private sales or companies with no Max affiliation, to my knowledge FS threads belong only in FS sections. The point of this is to have one place that people can look to see all the items up for sale. For some reason, it appears that group buys and some other vendors have been exempted and it looks to be common practice to post once in the FS section, then copy the same ad into the group buy section, then copy it again into e30, e36, e46, e90, etc tech sections and bump them all at various intervals. This leaves over half a dozen threads with the same content that are active and being responded to.

Obviously a series specific section is great when gauging interest in a product or setting something up in the beginner stages, but companies running all-out business advertising there is a little much--especially when they have already been granted access to supporting vendor or group buy sections where they can indulge in a low post volume and have their products at the top all the time.

The addition of the classifieds Mod has been great and he does an awesome job, but to my understanding doesn't have jurisdiction over non-classified sections.

Personally, it's really annoying to be reading through the new threads and have to skim over 20 topics that are really just 3 FS threads repeated 6 times each. If this was happening all in one FS section, it would be stopped as spam.

Just my $0.02 :)

BigD 12-16-2012 11:51 AM

+1, I don't even look at subforums, I use the New Posts link and sometimes the entire page is just this spam.

BMe30 12-16-2012 12:00 PM

Agreed

njansenv 12-16-2012 01:01 PM

Agreed!!

doogee 12-16-2012 04:47 PM

People that pay have priority around here unfortunately.

Eurostyle 12-16-2012 05:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogee (Post 1592351)
People that pay have priority around here unfortunately.

Without people paying for this, the site wouldnt be here. I dont see any private members contributing, and several businesses promoting for free...

BMe30 12-16-2012 07:06 PM

Paying or not paying, rules are rules.

Eurostyle 12-16-2012 10:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BMe30 (Post 1592365)
Paying or not paying, rules are rules.

Yeah, and 99.9% of the time it's the non-paying that brake the rules, so to go and say that "those who pay have priority" is plain ignorant!

doogee 12-16-2012 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurostyle (Post 1592376)
Yeah, and 99.9% of the time it's the non-paying that brake the rules, so to go and say that "those who pay have priority" is plain ignorant!

Ignorant? Definitely not. I wasn't speaking about rules specifically. My main problem with some sponsors is the amount of protection they get when a customer has something to complain about.

The feedback sections might as well say "Positive feedback ONLY"

Eurostyle 12-16-2012 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogee (Post 1592377)
Ignorant? Definitely not. I wasn't speaking about rules specifically. My main problem with some sponsors is the amount of protection they get when a customer has something to complain about.

Complaining, and bashing are two different things! All sponsors here including me have some negative feedlack posted at some time. BUT when people get fake accounts, and make up stories that never happened, or in any other way twist the truth, OR get out of there way to ruine somebodys reputation, dont even get me started!

Its very easy to sit behind a computer and talk S#@T, but MOST dont see the hard work people put in every day to run a business! You of all people should know about it! *th-up*

titeuf 12-24-2012 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogee (Post 1592377)

hence why its a more or less dead forum...

might as well let the payers milk the system while they can*th-up*
no part out because payers are offering similar services ..haha:D:D

Eurostyle 12-25-2012 03:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by titeuf (Post 1592969)
hence why its a more or less dead forum...

might as well let the payers milk the system while they can*th-up*
no part out because payers are offering similar services ..haha:D:D

So what you are saying is everybody should be allowed to part out, make money, but still pay NOTHING!? What business school did you go to?
This is why FREE sites exist; use Kijiji and Craigslist for that.

So a good forum is judged by the amount of things people sell!? How about Tech, Rides, and ALL the other topics discussed!? Shouldnt it be more about the quality of material AND the people on a forum!? :huh?:

doogee 12-25-2012 04:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurostyle (Post 1592981)
So what you are saying is everybody should be allowed to part out, make money, but still pay NOTHING!? What business school did you go to?

So a good forum is judged by the amount of things people sell!? How about Tech, Rides, and ALL the other topics discussed!? Shouldnt it be more about the quality of material AND the people on a forum!? :huh?:

For once we are able to agree here lol.

Eurostyle 12-25-2012 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by doogee (Post 1592986)
For once we are able to agree here lol.

lol I dont think its just once! ;)

titeuf 12-25-2012 07:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eurostyle (Post 1592981)

i'm saying that cars should be allowed to be parted out on a CAR forum. i'm talking from an enthusiast point of view, you get that? not talking about your masters in business school. i'm talking about cars on a car forum. nothing personal against you, but if you wanna make it personal; sure, i have my holidays off.
when i start an engine, wheels, drivetrain and other parts company, can we also ban those stuff from being sold? i'll be paying too.

a good forum is judged by the amount of traffic, classifieds, tech support and everything. lets be real for once here, there are other BMW forums that have a SOLID tech section, ride and styling section, traffic and such. BFC. i usually get here for local parts. ....oh wait vendors protection act is in the way. 'you can now hit the door titeuf, no soup for you'