maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Windsor, Ontario **NEW** (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=125)
-   -   mechanic in Windsor area (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=123747)

c_gouin 08-11-2009 02:18 PM

mechanic in Windsor area

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share what a great experience i had with a mechanic in windsor after a terrible experiences with others. I brought my e46 to bavarian auto service on crawford about 2 months ago. It had some sort of electrical problem with the lighting. it kept blowing the fuse. It stayed parked in his lot for a week and another to fix it. I got it back and everything seemed fine. 2 weeks after that i had all sorts of electrical problems, mirrors not working, radio going off and on, a christmas tree of lights on in the dash. I wanted to take it back there but they were off on vacation. Wonderful. I spoke with my uncle who has an e46 m3 and asked what i should do. He suggested another mechanic. Nick who works out of A-1 collision took a look at my car and found the previous mechanic stuck a paperclip where a fuse was suppose to go to prevent the fuse from blowing. Well this caused my fuse box to melt yes melt. I couldn't believe what i saw. Excellent mechanic and really knows his electronics. He had a porsche 996 for a major service and an audi all road twin turbo for turbo replacement. Very content with the work. If anyone is looking for his contact info pm me. He works on appointment only.

kprocyk 08-12-2009 07:50 PM

Mechanice in Windsor

Hi

I have used Nick in the past, he is a great guy and an excellent mechanic, if you need work done, i can also recommend him

Kris Procyk
95 M3
03 325i
76 2002

Aloush 08-12-2009 11:10 PM

i dont understand.. he melted your fuse box yet hes a good mechanic ?

am i missing the sarcasm.

I dealt with Alex hes on 371 Salter st. just off of university. very good guy.

in terms of your E46 same thing happened to mine, first it was the window that had stopped working then my radio then dash lights.. it all turned out to be a burnt dice link that connects to the cd changer in the back.. i disconnected the battery took out the dice link and reconnected the bat then started the car, the best accomplishment i had ever done.

c_gouin 08-13-2009 01:36 PM

No Nick was the one that fixed it not the one that messed it up in the first place. Another thing i like is that Nick is clean. At bavarian i stepped in dog S*it. It was all over the parking lot.

kader318 08-20-2009 04:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_gouin (Post 1334462)
Hey everyone,

Just wanted to share what a great experience i had with a mechanic in windsor after a terrible experiences with others. I brought my e46 to bavarian auto service on crawford about 2 months ago. It had some sort of electrical problem with the lighting. it kept blowing the fuse. It stayed parked in his lot for a week and another to fix it. I got it back and everything seemed fine. 2 weeks after that i had all sorts of electrical problems, mirrors not working, radio going off and on, a christmas tree of lights on in the dash. I wanted to take it back there but they were off on vacation. Wonderful. I spoke with my uncle who has an e46 m3 and asked what i should do. He suggested another mechanic. Nick who works out of A-1 collision took a look at my car and found the previous mechanic stuck a paperclip where a fuse was suppose to go to prevent the fuse from blowing. Well this caused my fuse box to melt yes melt. I couldn't believe what i saw. Excellent mechanic and really knows his electronics. He had a porsche 996 for a major service and an audi all road twin turbo for turbo replacement. Very content with the work. If anyone is looking for his contact info pm me. He works on appointment only.

I've got my E36 tranny and clutch replaced there but it was a mechanic Named Robert French, he used to work at the overseas motors here in windsor, on bmw's, he now works at the Jaguar dealer, and does repairs on the side, hes a lil bit slow but does great work, you can usually go ask for him at jaguar garage. And i would like to get Nick's information so i can call him my window is acting up and seats dont move,

PedroBMW 08-27-2009 11:22 AM

i agree Bavarian Auto Service does not seem good at all, any time I've ever been there, the whole operation seems very shady, I almost bought a car from them, I'm thankful I didn't, it clearly needed some serious top end work and he was trying to play it off like it was nothing and telling me it was solid and good to go. then when I told him I had a new engine to swap in the car so I didn't want that engine (I actually asked if I could leave it there, figured he'd want it since it was so "solid") and he proceeded to tell me the engine was was toasted so obviously he didn't want it. Basically he was trying to rip anyone off, but then he realized I actually had a clue about cars (prob unlike most of his customers).

pawcio 08-27-2009 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by c_gouin (Post 1335405)
At bavarian i stepped in dog S*it. It was all over the parking lot.

that made me laugh for some reason.

c_gouin 08-28-2009 05:44 PM

Yes that's right they both work there and work together. One is more specialized in German cars while the other works more with the british like jaguar land rovers. Both very capable of working on BMW. I will email you the contact info.

Mabo19 09-09-2009 01:49 AM

Hey guys, just joined this forum. Nick is an awesome mechanic and a great guy to deal with. I've been going to him since I can remember. I brought him my vw golf when I had it and now he takes care of my baby (E30). If I can make it out to the next meet you can all see his work first hand. He actually drove out to Chicago with me to pick it up.

He's honest, reliable and actually knows what he's doing. I can 100% vouch for him.

I'll try and post pics of my car and some progress pics in the appropriate area.
For now you can click here to see some.

Matt

shab 02-27-2012 10:37 AM

Hey do you guys know if nick can work on a benz? and also if someone can om me his contact info that would be awesome. thanks

shab 02-27-2012 01:23 PM

ty MABO19

egye30 02-29-2012 02:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shab (Post 1550872)
Hey do you guys know if nick can work on a benz? and also if someone can om me his contact info that would be awesome. thanks

Call Alex from ACP, Awesome guy he's currently putting together my E30 build, 371 salter ave 519 818 8659

Nerk 03-15-2012 02:34 PM

+1 for Alex...

Great guy to work with, he's put my car back together in tip top shape after I tore it all apart, cause I think I'm a mechanic sometimes ;)

Bmuxxx 03-20-2012 05:43 PM

+ 2 for alex

hes also building my e30, i do a little bit of welding for him and help him out at the shop when I can. hes a great guy with great prices. he knows bmw's inside and out. and he has a huge selection of good quality used parts, mostly for the e30

Nerk 03-21-2012 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bmuxxx (Post 1554913)
+ 2 for alex

hes also building my e30, i do a little bit of welding for him and help him out at the shop when I can. hes a great guy with great prices. he knows bmw's inside and out. and he has a huge selection of good quality used parts, mostly for the e30

Cool, which ones yours? I'm stopping by there tomorrow night, dropping off some parts for him... yes... sometimes even Alex comes to me for parts :)

I have quite an inventory myself... he says I'm worst of a parts hoarder then he is *rockout*