maXbimmer Forums

maXbimmer Forums (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/index.php)
-   Classics (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=66)
-   -   lol heres the wreck (http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=100089)

craz azn 01-15-2008 11:45 PM

lol heres the wreck
 
Well, since everyone is on the subject of whoring their cars out, so will I. I finally got wheels+tires on my car last week. The tires are a bit tall, gonna go 205/50 next time around, but its good enough to roll the 'turkey'(cars name lol) around for now. I couldn't agree more with the offset as its perfect. I was quite pleased to see it fit so well. Now for paint... *rockout*

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/164...1131719rd4.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/71/...131719ftb5.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/875...1131720uk1.jpg

Bandi 01-16-2008 01:46 PM

seriously, that is awesome... got any more pics?

Axxe 01-16-2008 04:42 PM

Someone is in for a lot of body work.

jm1602 01-16-2008 07:37 PM

Turkey?
 
Quote:

Originally Posted by craz azn (Post 1098933)
Well, since everyone is on the subject of whoring their cars out, so will I. I finally got wheels+tires on my car last week. The tires are a bit tall, gonna go 205/50 next time around, but its good enough to roll the 'turkey'(cars name lol) around for now. I couldn't agree more with the offset as its perfect. I was quite pleased to see it fit so well. Now for paint... *rockout*

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/164...1131719rd4.jpg

http://img81.imageshack.us/img81/71/...131719ftb5.jpg

http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/875...1131720uk1.jpg

Way funny there dude. I spoke with Richard about your roller, looks good. What colour are you going with, how about the flat grey like the TI/SA?

craz azn 01-16-2008 11:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Bandi (Post 1099143)
seriously, that is awesome... got any more pics?

LOL, mmmmm.... dunno. I will look around the computer.... I remember snapping a pic to see what the 16" e30-spec Rota Slipstreams look like on it. Looks ballin'

Quote:

Originally Posted by Axxe (Post 1099260)
Someone is in for a lot of body work.

Word. Brand new Fiberglass Fenders, Turbo Flares, Turbo front skirt, Rear bumper, and Trunk lip ready to see some hardcore '02 action... *th-up*

Quote:

Originally Posted by jm1602 (Post 1099337)
Way funny there dude. I spoke with Richard about your roller, looks good. What colour are you going with, how about the flat grey like the TI/SA?

Yep. Turkey. Its because of the stand the car came with. Remember that deally-on-wheels it was on? Looks kind of like a rotisserie. So we called it the Turkey. The old car was 'Rusty' because it was, well, rusty... hence why we got the Turkey to replace it. I'm not really into naming cars, but those names stuck to its respective car.... *wiggle*

Colours?? Hmm... I wanted a Dark colour to offset the chrome. Dad wants it white. Rich doesn't really care as long as its fast. So I suggested at that moment, lets keep it the way it is, all junky and go school 'em at the track, hahaa wouldn't that be classic, seeing some rusty pile of crap blowing by in a Turboed flame of side exhaust gases. Dad didn't think that was funny. :D

jm1602 01-17-2008 09:44 PM

Well
 
1 Attachment(s)
Ya I remember the "spit" for the turkey, looked dangerous LOL. White would look O.K. but I really like the flat grey.

ZiMMie 01-17-2008 10:42 PM

wait a min, when did u get a 2002?
:confused:

craz azn 01-18-2008 11:18 AM

LOL I've had it for years Mike. Just not much motivation to finish, and me getting in troubles usually don't help for the monies department :D

craz azn 01-25-2009 08:12 PM

So... unfortunately, nothing happened all year... Until today :D

I gave some parts a whirl for fitment purposes to see how things fit on a mockup motor.

The pics are self explanatory, its just mocked up for now. The turbo needs to be rotated down I think... The used exhaust pipe I found, by coincidence must have been on a M10 before, since it fit mint. I will use it as a template to get a new 3" version made up. So I set out on making some new flanges, but I gave up halfway through because I got hungry... Maybe more progess next weekend. *rockout*

http://img205.imageshack.us/img205/6...rborearyo3.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/7...bofrontjs5.jpg

http://img292.imageshack.us/img292/8122/flangesn2.jpg

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/9302/flange2xl8.jpg

T.Dot_E30 01-25-2009 08:37 PM

Awsome man, get that thing on the road!

e30_kid89 01-25-2009 09:08 PM

Do i spy a old school Callaway manifold? SICK!

///Maluco 01-26-2009 10:56 PM

Awesome...I actually dig the Turbo up top...more oldschool!

Keep the progress pics coming!

73 Tii 01-27-2009 06:45 PM

Good for you.I remember seeing that shell when your Dad was building my motor. Paint it grey and put a set of those BBS racing wheels on that he has in the shop

craz azn 01-29-2009 10:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 73 Tii (Post 1254914)
Good for you.I remember seeing that shell when your Dad was building my motor. Paint it grey and put a set of those BBS racing wheels on that he has in the shop

*th-up* Thanks Kris... Grey?! Ughhh I hate flat primer coloured paint *shiner* I settled on simple White, as its easy to put on, and it is one of the best for hiding any imperfections in the bodywork. I would use the BBS 13"s on it but maybe only as show rims or something... I was planning to use 15"s for track due to tire selection.

SamE30e 02-01-2009 01:50 PM

Body work is over rated. Just drive it like that.

Awesome though.


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 06:14 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.1
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Maxbimmer Copyright 2001 - 2014